Rub it in? Or let it go? A poll.

Norm Peterson

Should I rub it in or should I just let it go?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Rub it in? Let it go? What should Norm do?

• Rub it in. Rub it in hard. Copy it and make it your sig line. #NeverForget
    • Let it go, Norm. You're the bigger man. Take the high road.

9 hours ago, DOATHLON said:

Rub it in hard..........I was WRONG......but......you know you just beat the odds. So exited for Nebraska to FINALLY not get the shaft in this type of situation

Well, first of all, props to DOATHLON for coming here and taking his medicine like a man.  It's one thing to voice an opinion that eventually proves incorrect; it's another thing entirely to trash talk the other guy repeatedly only to be proven dramatically and majestically wrong.  He knew he had some licks to take, and he didn't go and hide from it.  So, props to DOATHLON for that.

Now, as to the "you know you just beat the odds" comment, I don't want to belabor the point, but that's not correct.  You said Copeland wouldn't be eligible until the beginning of the 2nd semester, would miss ALL of the non conference, and would miss 4 conference games.  I said that, at worst, he would miss 11 games and would be eligible in time for the KU game on December 16.  I was correct on that point regardless of what happened with the appeal.  And it was correct back in April back when this discussion first began.

46 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Well, first of all, props to DOATHLON for coming here and taking his medicine like a man.  It's one thing to voice an opinion that eventually proves incorrect; it's another thing entirely to trash talk the other guy repeatedly only to be proven dramatically and majestically wrong.  He knew he had some licks to take, and he didn't go and hide from it.  So, props to DOATHLON for that.

Now, as to the "you know you just beat the odds" comment, I don't want to belabor the point, but that's not correct.  You said Copeland wouldn't be eligible until the beginning of the 2nd semester, would miss ALL of the non conference, and would miss 4 conference games.  I said that, at worst, he would miss 11 games and would be eligible in time for the KU game on December 16.  I was correct on that point regardless of what happened with the appeal.  And it was correct back in April back when this discussion first began.

He may have been referring to the fact that Nebraska rarely ever seems to come out on the good side of such decisions/breaks.  At least that's how I interpreted the "beat the odds" comment. I could very well be way off with this.

Props for the semicolon, though; you're always spot on with those!

You know, I learned recently that Kurt Vonnegut did not like semicolons.  Like, he really didn't like them.

Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

-Kurt Vonnegut, A Man without a Country

I get the feeling he would not get along well on HHC.

20 minutes ago, 49r said:

You know, I learned recently that Kurt Vonnegut did not like semicolons.  Like, he really didn't like them.

Here is a lesson in creative writing. First rule: Do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites representing absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

-Kurt Vonnegut, A Man without a Country

I get the feeling he would not get along well on HHC.

Well, they represent a break between two complete thoughts; Vonnegut can pound sand. 

:D