Tai Webster unterzeichnet mit Fraport Skyliners in Deutschland

uneblinstu

10 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Here is a semi reliable Google translate:

A kiwi for the FRAPORT SKYLINERS - actress Tai Webster committed
The FRAPORT SKYLINERS have signed a contract with Tai Webster. The 22-year-old recently played at the University of Nebraska, where he spent three years with the former Frankfurter Shavon Shields. The New Zealander is awarded a contract for the 2017/18 season with an option for the 2018/19 season.
Tai Webster: "I really do not have any real expectations for my first season as a professional. It is my first season, the first opportunity to present myself as a professional. I just want to go out, work as hard as I can, and do everything Coach asks me to win. I have spoken with Shavon [Shields] before. He told me I would love it in Frankfurt. The team colleagues are all good guys, the coaching staff is extremely good and the entire workforce is very nice and works professionally. He said I could develop excellently. Of course I want to do this and help the team. My biggest strength is probably my pull to the basket. I like to attack the basket and score points against the bigger guys. "

Gordon Herbert: "Tai is a point guard, but he can also be used as a combo guard. He is very good at'Pick and Roll' and has the potential to be a very good defender. I know his college coach very well. He had already given me a lot of information and good things about Shavon Shields and now about Tai. Although Tai is still very young, he already has a lot of international experience. The situation reminds me a bit of Phil Scrubb, who also came very young to us and also had a lot of international experience with the Canadian national team. This is very rare and very valuable for an international rookie, a professional in the first year. "
Find out more about Tai Webster

Without any professional experience Tai does not come to the FRAPORT SKYLINERS. Both in the New Zealand and the Australian first league he was able to gain experience as a boy.

He played for the Waikato Pistons in the New Zealand league in 2013 and came in 18 games, 18 assists, 3.9 rebounds and 2.0 steals

At the age of 17 he made his debut for the New Zealand national team. In 2012 he played the'All Blacks' qualifying for the Olympic Games and came in six games to 13.5 points.

At the World Basketball Championship 2014 in Spain he came to the round of the team with the national team and helped the team as a fourth-time tournament participant with 5.3 points and 3.0 rebounds

For the University of Nebraska, Tai played the full four years and in his last season averaged 17.0 points, 5.1 rebounds and 4.9 assists.

Last summer, he played for the Golden State Warriors in the NBA Summer League, scoring 2.4 points and 1.2 assists in 11.4 minutes. He was also in the training camp at the Charlotte Hornets.

For NBA professionals, Tai also played against Lonzo Ball, the new rookie of the Los Angeles Lakers. In the direct duel Ball scored 13 points, seven assists and three rebounds before fleeing. Tai beat the second pick of this year's NBA Draft to 19 points, seven assists and rebounds as well as two steals.

Tai comes from a basketball family. His brother is also a professional basketball player and plays in New Zealand, where he has already won titles and was voted MVP. His father played in college in Hawaii and became a professional in New Zealand.

Facts about Tai Webster

Date of birth: 29 May 1995
Position: Point Guard / Combo-Guard
Size: 1.93m
Tricot number: 0
Nationality: New Zealand
Last club: University of Nebraska at Lincoln
Single ticket sales started

From now on, individual matches are available for the first three home games of the new season. The dates are

Tuesday, 03.10.2017 at 3 pm against Göttingen

Wednesday, 11.10.2017 at 7 pm against Braunschweig

Sunday, 22.10.2017 at 17:30 against Bayreuth

The individual tickets are available via tel. 069-92887619 or online at www.fraport-skyliners.de/tickets

The next game days

Benefit for the Hans-Thoma-Schule: Friday, 08.09.2017 at 19.00 hours against Antwerp in Basketball City Mainhattan

Season opener: Friday, 29.09.2017 at 20:30 in Jena

HEIMSPIEL: Tuesday, 03.10.2017 at 3 pm against Göttingen

Tickets for the home games are available at www.fraport-skyliners.de/tickets or Tel. 069-92887619.
Comments:
No comments available
add comment

* - Required field
First given name: *

Surname:

Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite Translator

For NBA professionals, Tai also played against Lonzo Ball, the new rookie of the Los Angeles Lakers. In the direct duel Ball scored 13 points, seven assists and three rebounds before fleeing. Tai beat the second pick of this year's NBA Draft to 19 points, seven assists and rebounds as well as two steals.

Ball 'fleeing' the scene, a.k.a. "fouling out of the game."