OK, Let's Talk Basketball

Legit Players in Every Spot?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. As you scan the 2017-2018 Nebrasketball roster, do you think we have a legit player in every spot, plus a 6th man?

• Yep, we've got legit talent across the board
    • We have some players, but we still have one or two holes.
  2. 2. When was the last time, going into the season, you felt we had a complete roster with a legit player at every spot on the floor plus a 6th man?

• 2014-15 (Year after we danced)
    • 2013-14 (Year we danced with Miles)
    • 2010-11 (Last year in the Big 12, went 19-13 and made the NIT)
    • 2007-08 (Aleks Maric's senior year, NIT round 2)
    • 2005-06 (NIT, Wes Wilkinson's senior year, Alek's Maric's soph campaign)
    • 2003-04 (NIT 2nd round, Nate Johnson, Andrew Drevo, John Turek)
    • Until maybe this year, haven't had one this century.

But looking at it, that 05-06 roster probably should have been better than it ended up being, I think their run in the Big 12 tournament speaks to that. I remember being really excited about that freshman class of Jamel White and Marcus Walker. With Perry on the wing and SR Dourisseau and Wilkinson with Maric and Walker holding things down in the paint, I think that has to be on the short list of most complete teams this century. They were probably a point guard away.

Edited by uneblinstu

54 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

But looking at it, that 05-06 roster probably should have been better than it ended up being, I think their run in the Big 12 tournament speaks to that. I remember being really excited about that freshman class of Jamel White and Marcus Walker. With Perry on the wing and SR Dourisseau and Wilkinson with Maric and Walker holding things down in the paint, I think that has to be on the short list of most complete teams this century. They were probably a point guard away.

That was the disappointing season of Joe McRay.  After his really strong freshman campaign, everybody thought he should be better than he ended up being.  That was also the year we had a four star juco power forward named BJ Walker who ended up being a profound disappointment. 

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

That was the disappointing season of Joe McRay.  After his really strong freshman campaign, everybody thought he should be better than he ended up being.  That was also the year we had a four star juco power forward named BJ Walker who ended up being a profound disappointment. 

Man, that's right. If only Joe could have kept his head on straight... So, ok, where does that season end up on the list of most disappointing seasons? That team shouldn't have been a team that got bounced in the first round of the NIT vs. Hofstra. That team should have been dancing.