Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hskr4life

Nebraska Football 2017-2018

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I don't wanna hear that we "played tough."  Those last three drives... whenever Wisconsin came to line.... Our D said "No Daddy! Nooooooooooo"

3rd and 5, and they ran it 50,000 straight times.  So, back off your corners and safeties, like they're going to pass.

 

This showed what parts we are missing.  We need some parts.  Our WR's were a no show tonight.  Lee had time pretty much all night.  WR's could not get open.  Wisconsin's DB's got away with a lot.  Reminds me of our 2010 DB's.  Ozigbo showed he is not as durable as everybody thought.  Needed Wilbon's shiftiness, and then bring in Ozigbo to batter ram the other team.  LB's are not very good.  Lee and Jackson have to grow up in a hurry.  I thought we would be able to slow Wisconsin's run game.  We couldn't in the last 20 minutes and that was the ball game.  I think we will be about a 17 point underdog to OSU next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, brfrad said:

3rd and 5, and they ran it 50,000 straight times.  So, back off your corners and safeties, like they're going to pass.

 

This showed what parts we are missing.  We need some parts.  Our WR's were a no show tonight.  Lee had time pretty much all night.  WR's could not get open.  Wisconsin's DB's got away with a lot.  Reminds me of our 2010 DB's.  Ozigbo showed he is not as durable as everybody thought.  Needed Wilbon's shiftiness, and then bring in Ozigbo to batter ram the other team.  LB's are not very good.  Lee and Jackson have to grow up in a hurry.  I thought we would be able to slow Wisconsin's run game.  We couldn't in the last 20 minutes and that was the ball game.  I think we will be about a 17 point underdog to OSU next week.

So the Huskers have a 3rd n 2 at the wisy 20 and lansdork calls a pass play N lee throws a pick 6. goes to show you that the Huskers have no run game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

They could go 5 N 7

I think 6 - 6, and that depends on the Iowa game.

 

OSU - big loss

Purdue - should win

Northwestern - should win

Minnesota - should win

Penn State - big loss

Iowa - coin flip

 

I can live with that, especially a win against Iowa.

 

Recruiting needs to keep getting better.  Getting Parsons, Bush, and Pledger would go along ways in helping this team get better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brfrad said:

I think 6 - 6, and that depends on the Iowa game.

 

OSU - big loss

Purdue - should win

Northwestern - should win

Minnesota - should win

Penn State - big loss

Iowa - coin flip

 

I can live with that, especially a win against Iowa.

 

Recruiting needs to keep getting better.  Getting Parsons, Bush, and Pledger would go along ways in helping this team get better.

Purdue at thier place wont be a give me. I don't look for that to be a win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

So the Huskers have a 3rd n 2 at the wisy 20 and lansdork calls a pass play N lee throws a pick 6. goes to show you that the Huskers have no run game.

They had a 100 and some yards rushing in the 1st half.  Never had the ball enough in the 2nd half.

 

No problem with the play call.  I'll have to go watch it again, but I think a good throw, and it's a TD.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can live with 6-6?  Is that what we've come to?  We had a coach that won 9 games a year and was fired partly because he "couldn't win the big one."  

 

How long do we give him?  Are we ok with Nebrasketball going .500 and making the NIT this year?  Because we've stepped up recruiting.  At some point results have to come with recruiting.  

 

5-7 year 1, an ok year 2, and 6-6 year 3 doesn't exactly scream "progress"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Can live with 6-6?  Is that what we've come to?  We had a coach that won 9 games a year and was fired partly because he "couldn't win the big one."  

 

How long do we give him?  Are we ok with Nebrasketball going .500 and making the NIT this year?  Because we've stepped up recruiting.  At some point results have to come with recruiting.  

 

5-7 year 1, an ok year 2, and 6-6 year 3 doesn't exactly scream "progress"

I give him next year with a CCG or bust.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, brfrad said:

I give him next year with a CCG or bust.

 

I can understand that.  I'm just pissed, and a little "over reacting."  

 

Losing to Northern Illinois.  Oregon loss is looking worse by the week, and we were right there with the crowd and momentum at 17-17 against a top 10 team and fold like a hot knife through butter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 hours ago, brfrad said:

I think 6 - 6, and that depends on the Iowa game.

 

OSU - big loss

Purdue - should win

Northwestern - should win

Minnesota - should win

Penn State - big loss

Iowa - coin flip

 

I can live with that, especially a win against Iowa.

 

Recruiting needs to keep getting better.  Getting Parsons, Bush, and Pledger would go along ways in helping this team get better.

Wow. This isn't a dig against you directly, brfrad, but "can live with 6-6" in year 3... that is such a sad reflection of the state of Nebraska football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuskerActuary said:

 

Wow. This isn't a dig against you directly, brfrad, but "can live with 6-6" in year 3... that is such a sad reflection of the state of Nebraska football.

I can live with it, if next year is monumently better.  I think it can be.  Lee looked really good against a good defense.  Had at least 4 balls that should be caught,  that were dropped.  The defense is inexperienced, with a bunch of key parts coming back.  The WR have to get better.  The Wisconsin secondary owned them last night.  We need a TE to emerge.  Hoppes and Koetter are feel good stories,  but their blocking and pass catching leave a lot to be desired.   My biggest concern is Foster's quote after the game.  He said something to the effect that while running the ball is important they want to be balanced.   Yes, throwing the ball is important.   It will cost Wisconsin a game this year, but you need to have the attitude of ramming the ball down team's throats.  Langsdorf seems to have figured out, against mediocre teams (Rutgers and Illinois), running the ball in the final quarter is great.  We put them away, in the 4th qtr.  That's the attitude I want to see.  Also, it's why I felt Wilbon was a huge loss last night.

 

I just don't think Frost is the answer.  Everyone thinks he is going to come in here and make this a team like the '90's.  He very well could, and I would be ecstatic if that was the case.  You also have to look at his background.   We are much closer to looking like Wisconsin ' offense with Riley than Frost.  Frost started his playing career under Bill Walsh WCO.  He went to Nebraska under TO and the power running game.  He coached under Kelly, and the spread.  

 

Sorry about the long post.  I long for the '80's and '90's to comeback.  Challenging for conference titles every year.  I still have faith in Riley.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Somewhat Husker-related & kind of Big Ten news... former Badger HC Gary Andersen is out at Oregon State (Mike Riley's prior domain) after a 7-23 record with no money owed to him. Kind of an amazing development ($$$).

 

Hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Somewhat Husker-related & kind of Big Ten news... former Badger HC Gary Andersen is out at Oregon State (Mike Riley's prior domain) after a 7-23 record with no money owed to him. Kind of an amazing development ($$$).

 

Wonder how OSU AD pulled off a contract like that, that they don't owe $$.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So Oregon State sees this as a year that you should show results and they chose to part ways.  Now, if OSU was 3-3 this year, he probably is still there.  However, I do not think our bar should be 3-3 with the schedule of (see below).  Minimum of 4-2 with 5-1 or 6-0 is where I would expect us to be.  Wisconsin was at home, Oregon isn't the Oregon of old, and Northern Illinois has no words.  Anything under 4-2 though I feel is under performance and grounds to let someone go in Year 3.  

 

Ark State

@Oregon

Northern Illinois

Rutgers

@Illinois

Wisconsin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Somewhat Husker-related & kind of Big Ten news... former Badger HC Gary Andersen is out at Oregon State (Mike Riley's prior domain) after a 7-23 record with no money owed to him. Kind of an amazing development ($$$).

 

 

No one just walks away from that sort of money without something being amiss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Somewhat Husker-related & kind of Big Ten news... former Badger HC Gary Andersen is out at Oregon State (Mike Riley's prior domain) after a 7-23 record with no money owed to him. Kind of an amazing development ($$$).

 

 

51 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

 

No one just walks away from that sort of money without something being amiss. 

 

What kind of shoes does he wear?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Another low blow today.  6 games into the season and we are not in some bowl projections.  Never thought that I would see the day where Nebraska did not make a bowl.  Never thought we would have to squeak in at 5-7 either.

 

Were you born after 2007?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×