Nebraska Football 2017-2018

hskr4life

7 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

We're going to fire him so he's going to resign and not get paid the rest of his contract? I'll believe that when I see it.

There are ways of getting around that...just saying.  It is allowing the outgoing coach a certain amount of respect.  We can say a lot of negative that came out of the Riley years, but the man is humble, likeable and worthy of respect.  So if a "deal" can be worked out behind the scenes, then I am all for it. 

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

So if a "deal" can be worked out behind the scenes, then I am all for it. 

When I see a rumor like this, it's my thought that someone has reverse engineered what will happen, has figured out a Nebraska Nice way for that to work, and has introduced that as a possibility because it's likely we're going to eat 6-9 million when it's all said and done. Riley is a super standup guy but ah shucks we all signed a binding contract. 

1 hour ago, hhcdimes said:

When I see a rumor like this, it's my thought that someone has reverse engineered what will happen, has figured out a Nebraska Nice way for that to work, and has introduced that as a possibility because it's likely we're going to eat 6-9 million when it's all said and done. Riley is a super standup guy but ah shucks we all signed a binding contract. 

I refer to it as "wishful thinking."

49 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

Can NU settle on a Right Guard?! It's a proverbial revolving door at RG.... And a sieve, to boot !!!

Now Knevel is planning to play there. Sheesh.

https://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Right-guard-David-Knevel-Huskers-Cavanaugh-blocking-110475719

If Cavanaugh isn't the  worst position coach in Nebraska football history, he has to be close. 

Well, if you are a Frost fan, the good news is that Eric in Scottsdale said Frost has agreed to become the next HC already.  Will even retain a few assistants and keep the ‘18 recruiting class together.  This is really good news and I wasn’t expecting this to happen already!

....... end Sarcasm

[1000s of questions for hours/days]

Moos: Riley is here until the end of the season. We'll figure out if we need to replace him before then. If we need to hire someone we'll have the ironed out sooner than laster.

*Pause to process that the AD gave answers*

[Same 1000s of questions for hours/days]

Moos: Riley is here until the end of the season. We'll figure out if we need to replace him before then. If we need to hire someone we'll have the ironed out sooner than laster.

*Pause to process that the AD gave answers*

[Repeat]

This is probably old news by now, but I heard from someone who knows Hank Bounds that Riley is for sure done at the end of the season as are all of his assistants.  

There's a certain game before which they cannot talk to Frost directly but they can and have talked to his agent.  The package they're putting in front of him is in the $30 million plus range.

I've read $5million/year for 7 years.  That sounds about right from what I heard.

5 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

This is probably old news by now, but I heard from someone who knows Hank Bounds that Riley is for sure done at the end of the season as are all of his assistants.  

There's a certain game before which they cannot talk to Frost directly but they can and have talked to his agent.  The package they're putting in front of him is in the $30 million plus range.

I've read $5million/year for 7 years.  That sounds about right from what I heard.

Since when did Nebraska start digging into its deep pockets?

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:20 AM, Norm Peterson said:

I was preaching we should give Riley a chance, but Minnesota ended it for me.  Next year, win wise is going to be a struggle.  New offensive system, and a tough schedule.  I think keeping assistants would be a good idea. 

Here's what I would like to see.  Move Riley to administrative position, like Recruiting Coordinator. 

2 hours ago, brfrad said:

I was preaching we should give Riley a chance, but Minnesota ended it for me.  Next year, win wise is going to be a struggle.  New offensive system, and a tough schedule.  I think keeping assistants would be a good idea. 

Here's what I would like to see.  Move Riley to administrative position, like Recruiting Coordinator. 

You're kidding, right?   The new head coach would want the last head coach to stick around and remain on staff?   Wow.  I guess that explains why you would have been preaching to keep Riley until Minnesota.