Nebraska Football 2017-2018

hskr4life

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Yes, this years one is what I am talking about.  An undefeated shot at the playoff.

That occurred to me as I was typing.  :D

A general point to anyone reading, no rational person thinks we could go 60-3 every five years. It took Osborne and Co. a long time to get to that level.  Patience indeed is key, but I don't want Husker Nation to get discouraged and stop having lofty ambitions for the program.

11 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Oh good.  I feel much better. I was worried this was the most embarrassing loss in program history. Instead, it’s just the most embarrassing since 1943.  Whew.

Both brought on by unmitigated disasters, one being World War 2, the other being Harvey Perlman hiring people.

Sort of funny, I do believe this time of year, with what is going on, rumors will fly.  Heard one today, and the guy I heard it from swears it is from a very reliable source....anywho, the rumor is that Riley has agreed to retire at years end and Frost has already agreed to a contract.   Is it the truth or is it just what somebody wants to be the truth.

20 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Sort of funny, I do believe this time of year, with what is going on, rumors will fly.  Heard one today, and the guy I heard it from swears it is from a very reliable source....anywho, the rumor is that Riley has agreed to retire at years end and Frost has already agreed to a contract.   Is it the truth or is it just what somebody wants to be the truth.

I have heard on another list, that Frost has a contract sitting on his desk waiting to be signed, If he wants the job.

We as a fan base have also had the '"Whoooo?" question asked on our last two AD and kind of last 4 coaches hire.  So once again I think when the guy steps to the podium to say his speech we will have had to Google seach him a bit to see if it is good deal.  Not saying it isn't going to be Frost, just not going to be gobsmacked if it isn't.:huh:

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

I'd take that however it works out!

2 hours ago, huskercwg said:

The thing is, I believe I was in the camp "that wanted to believe" we made a good hire, rather than in the camp that knew it was a great hire OR knew it was a horrible hire.  Honestly, that was my thought when Coach Miles was hired as well.

I think at least some of us wanted to believe it could be a good hire vs. believing we had failed again in the hiring dept.  In my mind I started to look for/find good reasons the hire would work as well.

Really the only thing that matters to me for this year is that we don't fire Riley before the end of the season, something Moos said he wouldn't do. It's painfully obvious he won't be here next year and that Moos is here to hire the next guy; he doesn't need to spot to be vacant for that to happen.

Like 5 minutes after beating Iowa works though.

14 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Really the only thing that matters to me for this year is that we don't fire Riley before the end of the season, something Moos said he wouldn't do. It's painfully obvious he won't be here next year and that Moos is here to hire the next guy; he doesn't need to spot to be vacant for that to happen.

The next day is fine, too. Have the 'right guy' already on the hook with the proverbial bait. Frost coming to Nebraska would warm the soul, though. GBR

Edited by AuroranHusker

My son and a couple of his friends are heading out East on Friday.  They are meeting a friend who works in the Georgetown athletic department.  They were going to attend the Penn State game but now will attend an NBA game in its place.  I tried to convince him that the ambiance of the college football experience would be worth the price...but they simply did not want to put up with the anticipated pounding.  Millennial thing I guess.  As a side-note, they are further kicking themselves because they would rather go a day early and see the Huskers play St. Johns.

6 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Moos made it official today that Riley would coach the rest of the season.   And reading between the lines, he also pretty much said there would be a change announced after the Iowa game.   So you should be a happy guy.....

6 hours ago, 49r said:

So I was watching the CFL playoff game between Winnipeg and Edmonton last night (don't judge me) and I found out that Edmonton has a Quarterback named Mike Reilly.  

So, now you're gonna tell me he was standing by himself on the sideline not talking to anyone and chomping on gum....

6 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

If the "resignation" rumors are real, I could see him announcing that in the post-game press conference. Or even in the week leading up to the Iowa game.

We're going to fire him so he's going to resign and not get paid the rest of his contract? I'll believe that when I see it.

6 hours ago, HB said:

Moos made it official today that Riley would coach the rest of the season.   And reading between the lines, he also pretty much said there would be a change announced after the Iowa game.   So you should be a happy guy.....

As it should be. We're not some garbage SEC school.