Nebraska Football 2017-2018

hskr4life

Date

Time Opponent# Rank# Site TV Result Attendance
September 1 2:30 PM Nevada* No. 19 Memorial StadiumLincoln, NE ABC W 52–10   84,078
September 8 11:00 AM at Wake Forest* No. 17 BB&T FieldWinston-Salem, NC ESPN W 20–17   32,483
September 15 7:00 PM No. 1 USC* No. 14 Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE ABC L 31–49   84,959
September 22 11:30 AM Ball State* No. 22 Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE FSN PPV W 41–40   84,294
September 29 1:05 PM Iowa State No. 22 Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE   W 35–17   84,703
October 6 8:15 PM at No. 17 Missouri No. 23 Faurot FieldColumbia, MO (Rivalry) ESPN L 6–41   70,049
October 13 11:30 AM Oklahoma Statedagger   Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE PPV L 14–45   84,334
October 20 1:05 PM Texas A&M   Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE   L 14–36   84,473
October 27 2:30 PM at No. 16 Texas   Darrell K Royal–Texas Memorial StadiumAustin, TX ABC L 25–28   85,968
November 3 11:30 AM at No. 8 Kansas   Memorial StadiumLawrence, KS FSN L 39–76   51,910
November 10 11:30 AM Kansas State   Memorial Stadium • Lincoln, NE Versus W 73–31   84,665
November 23 11:00 AM at Colorado   Folsom FieldBoulder, CO (Rivalry) ABC L 51–65  

I started going to games in the 50's.

I went to all but 5 home games between 1969 and 2015.

Last  year and this year I have missed a few games due to old guy sicknesses.

Yet, until tonight, I have never left a game before the 4th quarter...

and I had a half-time parking lot party this evening.

SAD

"Nebraska quarterback Tanner Lee was 22 for 34 for 296 yards and two touchdowns. Redshirt freshman receiver JD Spielman set a school record with 200 yards receiving."

Such gleaming statistics wryly tell you:

You need to be able to run the ball, if you want to win!

I'm sorry for having to vent about this, but the biggest douche in the history of the internet is over on the Nebraska Rivals free board essentially implying that Dave Rimington is a racist and that encouraging development of walk-ons is a racist dog whistle.

The guy is a dipshit. Maaaaybe he lost his tools; maaaaybe he just forgot where he left them, I don't know.  But he's a dipshit, I know that for certain.  And he seems to relish playing the dipshit role.  Seriously.  He's saying it's racist for a former All-American (who happened to play for Tom Osborne (gasp)) to have good things to say about walk-ons.

Because there's only ONE reason why a guy would have good things to say about walk-ons, right?

SMDH.  I should never have gone over there to look.  Slow motion train wreck and I couldn't resist.

So, anyway, IM Hipp was a black guy. And he was a walk-on. Wasn't RKIII also a walk-on? And a black guy?  But saying good things about the walk-on program makes you a racist in this douchebag's eyes.  

Someone needs to do the world a favor and take his internet away.

6 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Riley isn't coaching come our next game. He's a great person and ambassador for the program and school, but this just isn't working out. This feels so similar to 2007. The scary thing is: Who would you name as the Interim HC?!

Dave Remington!  I kid... I kid.

8 hours ago, jason2486 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if Riley isn't coaching come our next game. He's a great person and ambassador for the program and school, but this just isn't working out. This feels so similar to 2007. The scary thing is: Who would you name as the Interim HC?!

Well, if the money is right, I could coach us to a few losses to end the season.

Dave Rimmington is a good guy, and a great player.  However,  he is over exaggerating the walk-on program.  We had 11 former walk-ons on the 2 deep.  That is 25 % of your top 2 players at positions.  I am really hoping these players get much better experience.  Because they need to improve much.

3 hours ago, brfrad said:

Dave Rimmington is a good guy, and a great player.  However,  he is over exaggerating the walk-on program.  We had 11 former walk-ons on the 2 deep.  That is 25 % of your top 2 players at positions.  I am really hoping these players get much better experience.  Because they need to improve much.

I guess we will find out what the guy has to say about the walk on program. and how he is going to run it.

4 hours ago, brfrad said:

Not saying Rimington is right about the walk-on program.  However, praising and encouraging walk-ons isn't racist.  To say so it complete and utter bullsh** and should be censored by the mods if that place had any integrity.

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Not saying Rimington is right about the walk-on program.  However, praising and encouraging walk-ons isn't racist.  To say so it complete and utter bullsh** and should be censored by the mods if that place had any integrity.

I agree wholeheartedly. 

I stayed until the bitter end last night...sad, sad, sad performance.  As I walked out I overheard a conversation, a person compared this loss to a certain loss during the Callahan era.  He then said, the Callahan loss was much worse to accept, because he didn't expect it back then, but now he does...sad, sad, sad!

The Huskers came out of the tunnel with a losers mind set.  The team can say whatever they want, but they did not expect to win that game, and they played with that expectation.  UNACCEPTABLE.  That is not the Nebraska way. 

Sad, sad, sad!

On 10/14/2017 at 11:07 PM, hskr4life said:

Dirk thinks Riley might get fired tomorrow or Monday.

I'm not sure how he would come to that opinion even before Moos was hired and basically said that Riley wasn't going to be fired mid-season.  I'm asking because I don't know: When is the last time we've fired a head coach, if ever, during the middle of the season for poor on the field performance?

57 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

I'm not sure how he would come to that opinion even before Moos was hired and basically said that Riley wasn't going to be fired mid-season.  I'm asking because I don't know: When is the last time we've fired a head coach, if ever, during the middle of the season for poor on the field performance?

I don't recall reading that it has ever happened.

2 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Yeah, I am not for sure either.  The exact quote was something like "He surely will get fired now.  If not tomorrow or Monday, then in November."  I am certainly on the fence now about middle of season changes because of the new early signing period in December.  However, I do not think that, especially after yesterday, we will see one middle of the season.

4 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

Saturday was the first time I can remember making the conscious decision to not watch the game. After we didn't answer OSU's first score and then OSU scored again, I actually turned it off and left the house. It was a much more peaceful evening.

Along with 75,000 other fans who didn't stick around for the final quarter in the stadium. Such a sad state to be in for this program.