Nebraska Football 2017-2018

hskr4life

It will be interesting to see what type of team we will see on the field Saturday.  There are a number of injuries as well.  Will they come out with blood in their eyes to prove themselves or will they simply go through the motion.  We shall see.  Men of character will man up and prove themselves.  Yes sirree, we shall see.

10 hours ago, TimSmiles said:

rutgers and illinois are flat out bad. if riley drops either of those, he should be fired immediately after.

But based upon our first three games, we are not very good either.  That said, we should be better than how we have played thus far.  So again, we shall see.

You know things are bad when your "good news" is you beat a perennial bottom feeder, Rutgers, by 10 points.

The upper tier teams will beat them with 49-10 type scores. As I look ahead, it is possible we may not be favored over any team other than Illinois!

Basketball can't get here soon enough.

On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 4:35 PM, trickey said:

You know things are bad when your "good news" is you beat a perennial bottom feeder, Rutgers, by 10 points.

The upper tier teams will beat them with 49-10 type scores. As I look ahead, it is possible we may not be favored over any team other than Illinois!

Basketball can't get here soon enough.

Sadly, you are spot on with this take.  And I am hopeful with the basketball team.  But I've said that previous years as well.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

State of the Program Check......... We were picked to lose this Friday by two of the three analysts on ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/142941/big-ten-week-5-picks-will-nebraska-bottom-out-in-champaign

it really comes down to lee to stop throwing interceptions. if you cut his int's in half, we might be undefeated.

29 minutes ago, HB said:

Wow, Smiles, you sure give the offensive line quite a free pass.   

he's leading the country in interceptions.

his numbers were bad at tulane, and they are bad here. i don't think you can put much blame on the offensive line for throwing it to the other team.

Edited by TimSmiles

On 9/28/2017 at 2:55 PM, TimSmiles said:

he's leading the country in interceptions.

his numbers were bad at tulane, and they are bad here. i don't think you can put much blame on the offensive line for throwing it to the other team.

Actually, a couple  of them were directly a result of pitiful protection.   We have sucked as a team the whole season.   To put that all on one player is unfair and unrealistic.  Yeah, he hasn't been good.   But our problems go way deeper than how the QB played.   I had to listen to 2 years of "Tommy Armstrong is the devil;  can't play in this offense, once we replace him all will be well."     That was simplistic then, and blaming Lee for everything is simplistic now.   

Edited by HB

On 9/30/2017 at 7:06 PM, brfrad said:

I am starting to wonder about Langsdorf and Cav's talent evaluation ability.  Why was Decker not playing until Conrad got injured?  This OL seems to be much better with Decker in there than Conrad.  Also, why was Devine benched?

Decker should start from here on out.  Devine was bigger and faster this fall than he has been in the past, rumor I've heard is there is a reason.