Nebraska Football 2017-2018

hskr4life

36 minutes ago, TimSmiles said:

i could see the o-line coach being fired tomorrow, and the whole staff will be fired if things don't improve.

a lot of big time coaches are out there... les miles, bob stoops, chip kelly.

Cav should have been fIred at halftime. Worst position coach in the history of Husker football.  None of this surprising.   Need to cut the head off the snake and be done with the Perlman destruction of the athletic department.  Shawn must go.  No chance of moving forward until that happens.  

All I can do as I sit here reading these comments and reflecting on the game today is to thank my lucky stars that Tom Osborne isn't there to pick the next head coach.

Man, if he was still around, I shudder to think that he might not have fired Bo.  And we'd have probably struggled to win 9 games each of the last two years and we'd probably struggle to win no more than 9 games again this year.

Nine wins, man.  Husker fans won't tolerate that kind of mediocrity.  TO just didn't seem to get that.  We need to hire a real coach.  Like Matt Biondi.  Or Pat Sajak.

Edited by Norm Peterson

32 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'll I can do as I sit here reading these comments and reflecting on the game today is to thank my lucky stars that Tom Osborne isn't there to pick the next head coach.

Man, if he was still around, I shudder to think that he might not have fired Bo.  And we'd have probably struggled to win 9 games each of the last two years and we'd probably struggle to win no more than 9 games again this year.

Nine wins, man.  Husker fans won't tolerate that kind of mediocrity.  TO just didn't seem to get that.  We need to hire a real coach.  Like Matt Biondi.  Or Pat Sajak.

firing bo wasn't necessarily the wrong move. hiring riley on the other hand...

12 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

All I can do as I sit here reading these comments and reflecting on the game today is to thank my lucky stars that Tom Osborne isn't there to pick the next head coach.

I wonder if we'd have a chance at getting the Ohio Bobcats head coach. I like his level of mediocrity better.

8 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Considering there is a good enough chance we will end up firing Miles after this season I'm fairly terrified about the thought of SE hiring a new coach and then being fired not so long after. 

But on the flip side, I had the thought pop into my head that if anyone is happy that football and SE are under the microscope, it's Tim and his guys because that shifts the torches and pitchfork talk away from them for foreseeable future.  

14 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Considering there is a good enough chance we will end up firing Miles after this season I'm fairly terrified about the thought of SE hiring a new coach and then being fired not so long after. 

Normally.   If football falls apart, Miles may get a reprieve for this very reason 

41 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

But on the flip side, I had the thought pop into my head that if anyone is happy that football and SE are under the microscope, it's Tim and his guys because that shifts the torches and pitchfork talk away from them for foreseeable future.  

36 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Normally.   If football falls apart, Miles may get a reprieve for this very reason 

IDK. To me I'd think basketball success wouldn't matter if we were a football powerhouse because you can just shrug and say that football is what really matters.  

On 9/16/2017 at 7:33 PM, HB said:

Cav should have been fIred at halftime. Worst position coach in the history of Husker football.  None of this surprising.   Need to cut the head off the snake and be done with the Perlman destruction of the athletic department.  Shawn must go.  No chance of moving forward until that happens.  

Pearl of wisdom.

6 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I don't think Eichorst will be making any more hires.  If he survives the football season, he won't be in a strong enough position to get any decent candidates to show interest in the basketball job, let alone take it.  Nobody decent is going to take a job with a zombie AD.  That's why I don't believe Miles has to go to the NCAA to get another year, if Eichorst is still here.  If there's a new AD, though, Miles almost certainly has to make the  NCAA tournament or that's it.

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, HB said:

That was about as bad of a performance out of the line that I can remember at Nebraska.  I would have said Riley needs 5 years to get his own players in here but unfortunately I think its becoming painfully obvious it's not going to matter one way or the other.  Cut bait with Riley this year or next(2018 will be a blood bath with that schedule) and get Frost in here and hope he's the savior. 

2 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

That was about as bad of a performance out of the line that I can remember at Nebraska.  I would have said Riley needs 5 years to get his own players in here but unfortunately I think its becoming painfully obvious it's not going to matter one way or the other.  Cut bait with Riley this year or next(2018 will be a blood bath with that schedule) and get Frost in here and hope he's the savior. 

Kind of where I am at.  

5 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

And, now, Farniok is out with a broken wrist. Looks like Cole Conrad is going back to playing tackle with an appearance by Michael Decker at C...

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

And, now, Farniok is out with a broken wrist. Looks like Cole Conrad is going back to playing tackle with an appearance by Michael Decker at C...

Actually in the presser Riley made it sound like it would by Jaimes (pulling his shirt) or Gaylord.   When asked about moving Conrad back to tackle, Riley said "we considered that also", but then rambled on about how that could mess up both positions.  When discussing the right tackle situation, he didn't mention Conrad until specifically asked about it.  Cav must really not like Decker.  

54 minutes ago, HB said:

Actually in the presser Riley made it sound like it would by Jaimes (pulling his shirt) or Gaylord.   When asked about moving Conrad back to tackle, Riley said "we considered that also", but then rambled on about how that could mess up both positions.  When discussing the right tackle situation, he didn't mention Conrad until specifically asked about it.  Cav must really not like Decker.  

Yeah, I just assumed Conrad & Decker situation. Wow. What did Decker ever do to Cav?! It would be something to burn Brendan Jaimes redshirt... yet Decker sits.

Edited by AuroranHusker

We have so many problems it's not even funny.  I thought the Northern Illinois game, the OL would come out spitting blood.  They had a good first drive, and then the first sign of adversity, curled in a ball for the rest of the half.  We have an OL that sucks.  Our QB can't throw it to the right team.  When he does throw it to the right team, the WR can't catch the ball.

I have no idea what creativity the OC has.  When your unable to run up the middle, why can't you run a fly sweep action to try to get the defense out of position?  Why not spread out the defense and get less defenders in the box?  I hate to think if this team loses to Rutgers, we may have a riot on the campus.