Nebraska Football 2017-2018

hskr4life

Nebraska fans are pretty smart, fickle, demanding, raucous, emotional, stubborn, enjoyable, boorish, amazing, humble, loyal, et  al, at any given moment.  We want to be entertained, but will criticize every win or every loss with the same microscope.  And so it goes. 

Personally, I look forward to the season.  We are in sort of an underdog role, and frankly, we may provide a bit of shock and awe if things go as planned.

4 hours ago, 49r said:

It's a little unnerving to me how many people, like at the national level, are starting to climb on the Husker bandwagon as kind of a sneaky good pick.

I think that's directly related to the hype Tanner Lee is getting.  After seeing him in the spring game and the chatter coming out of fall camp I have really high expectations for him.  With that said, who knows until the bullets start flying.   

I think this team is one year away.  I think they will come up short in the West this year to Wisconsin.  Best case scenario for this team is 9 - 3 (losses to PSU, OSU, and Wisconsin).  Worst case scenario is 5 - 7 (wins against Ark St, N Ill, Rutgers,  Illinois,  and Purdue).  

Watching some games on YouTube from last year.  Keys for this year's team are a plus turnover margin, and 3rd down coversions  (both offense and defense).

I think the offensive and defensive lines will gain some valuable experience, with only one senior.  That's why I feel the team is one year away.

On 8/24/2017 at 11:22 AM, brfrad said:

I think this team is one year away.  I think they will come up short in the West this year to Wisconsin.  Best case scenario for this team is 9 - 3 (losses to PSU, OSU, and Wisconsin).  Worst case scenario is 5 - 7 (wins against Ark St, N Ill, Rutgers,  Illinois,  and Purdue).  

Watching some games on YouTube from last year.  Keys for this year's team are a plus turnover margin, and 3rd down coversions  (both offense and defense).

I think the offensive and defensive lines will gain some valuable experience, with only one senior.  That's why I feel the team is one year away.

The only problem with that is next years schedule is brutal.

v. Colorado

@ Michigan

@ Wisconsin

@ Northwestern 

@ Ohio State

@ Iowa

Very well could be better next year but have a worse record bc of the schedule.

Whew!!  Way too close for comfort.  Offense looked decent.  However, had a chance to close out the game, and failed.  The defense has some work to do, as if you couldn't tell.  I am not going to overreact as we were vanilla on defense.  We showed no blitz packages.  We were trying to protect the inexperience at corners.  Once the newbies at corners get things figured out, this defense will start to play much better. 

I will say if we allow a MAC crew to ref our game, I am going to throw up.  These guys were out of their league.  Those two holding calls were terrible.   Morgan and Conrad were not holds in any light of day.

We did a lot right, and a lot wrong.  Glimpses of what may be, especially on offense.  I am hoping that we only saw a small piece of our defense, we played soft, which is not what I expected.  But if this is the worst of what we will, see, then I remain optimistic.  By the special teams matched the offense and defense.  Glimpses of a lot of positive possibilities, but also glimpses of uggghhh!

As much as I wanted to go crazy and throw something and yell and......... we are still 1-0 which is where we needed to be heading to Oregon.

Also, have heard rumblings on twitter that game time and date could be moved this weekend due to air quality.  Can anyone confirm?

Edited by hskr4life