OT: Eclipse Plans

I'll go out in the backyard and check it out. We're only getting 99.4% totality in Eugene/Springfield but I-5 coming out of California is already backed up with traffic headed up toward about halfway between Corvallis and Salem. There's no way I'm getting out and driving around on Monday.

6 hours ago, colhusker said:

Trickey it was nice meeting you today!

Thanks. Good to meet you too.

Now, if I wouldn't have left my camera behind it would have been even better.

Thanks for the tip on a great place to watch on my journey from St. Louis to Omaha.

The last hundred miles into KC were awful.

Still worth it for the totality view.

Our original spot got cloudy so we booked it south. Ended up pulling into a parking lot in Beatrice right before Totality (love that word). It was pretty rad. I'm glad we decided to move. The ones that stayed behind didn't see anything. We took back roads back to Lincoln and made pretty good time. 

2 hours ago, Silverbacked1 said:

That was the coolest thing I have ever seen with my pants on.<_<

At our age Silverbacked, I bet our wives would agree we look much cooler with our pants on....

The eclipse was kick ass in Hampton.  Sporadic clouds off and on.  5 minutes before totality, they disappeared for the rest of the eclipse.  Had people from England, Canada, Pennsylvania, Oklahoma, Arizona and Minnesota stop in.  Fun times!

• 2 weeks later...