Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
hhcdimes

Huskers in the Pros Thread

Recommended Posts

On 6/8/2018 at 10:54 AM, Red Rum said:

I am seriously speechless on those uniforms. holy cow.

 

But sending positive vibes out to Ubel. Always liked that kid. 

 

What in God's green earth are those opponents' threads???

 

That is a crying shame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anton Gill's going in for a workout with the Charlotte Hornets today!  Good luck Anton!

 

 

Looks like they post player interviews on the day after their workout, so there should be more to come tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember a ton about the Doc days and even less about the Collier, but I can't say that we ever had a lot of players get invited to do workouts with NBA teams.  Now it seems like we have 3-4 every year that declare, get invited to work out, etc.  Anton played a nice role this year, but he played just that... a role.  And here he is getting a workout with an NBA team.  Big kudos to Anton for that, but I think an even bigger kudos needs to go out to Miles for getting Nebraska basketball to this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

I don't remember a ton about the Doc days and even less about the Collier, but I can't say that we ever had a lot of players get invited to do workouts with NBA teams.  Now it seems like we have 3-4 every year that declare, get invited to work out, etc.  Anton played a nice role this year, but he played just that... a role.  And here he is getting a workout with an NBA team.  Big kudos to Anton for that, but I think an even bigger kudos needs to go out to Miles for getting Nebraska basketball to this point.

 

It was also a very different time between the NCAA and NBA during those years. The invites and emphasis on G-League has really exploded over the past 5 or so years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

The Hornets are sort of in Anton's back yard, so hopefully this is more than a courtesy try-out.

 

It probably isn't anything more than that, but if he can earn himself a slot on a summer league team all the better for him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Red Don said:

 

 

I don't quite understand what's going on here.  Is Shavon going to the Summer League?  Euroleague??  One thing that is clear is he's opting out from Trento though.  Is Trento not in Euroleague?  Is Euroleague the Summer League?

 

So many questions.

Edited by 49r

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 49r said:

 

I don't quite understand what's going on here.  Is Shavon going to the Summer League?  Euroleague??  One thing that is clear is he's opting out from Trento though.  Is Trento not in Euroleague?  Is Euroleague the Summer League?

 

So many questions.

 

Shavon Shields is playing for the Pelicans in the Summer League. Apparently, he is kind of a big deal in Italia.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 49r said:

 

I don't quite understand what's going on here.  Is Shavon going to the Summer League?  Euroleague??  One thing that is clear is he's opting out from Trento though.  Is Trento not in Euroleague?  Is Euroleague the Summer League?

 

So many questions.

 

My understanding is that he's turning down a deal in hopes to get a better deal in Euroleague. In the meantime, during the offseason, he's going to play in the Summer League.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

 

My understanding is that he's turning down a deal in hopes to get a better deal in Euroleague. In the meantime, during the offseason, he's going to play in the Summer League.

 

Yeah, that's kind of how I read it.  But seems kind of risky, no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

Yeah, that's kind of how I read it.  But seems kind of risky, no?

 

I wouldn't pretend to be an expert, but I suppose that even the prospect of getting into the NBA has much more value to some people than a stable career elsewhere.

 

Then again, maybe there's no faux pas in these situations if these leagues see it as a way to get free training out of a player?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

 

I wouldn't pretend to be an expert, but I suppose that even the prospect of getting into the NBA has much more value to some people than a stable career elsewhere.

 

Then again, maybe there's no faux pas in these situations if these leagues see it as a way to get free training out of a player?

 

Well if you're gonna gamble on your career, the mid-20's is the time to do it.  And really, worst case scenario for Shavon is he has to go to med school if this whole basketball thing fizzles out.  Not a bad fall back plan if you ask me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2018 at 8:07 PM, 49r said:

 

Yeah, that's kind of how I read it.  But seems kind of risky, no?

 

Not really. There are a ton of levels on the European pyramid of basketball. While the top level of Italian basketball is pretty high up there his good showing means that even if he doesn't land with a nba or eurocup squad he will be plenty in demand for any high end country specific league. Eurocup is made up of the top teams of the various European leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×