Sign in to follow this  
hhcdimes

Huskers in the Pros Thread

On 6/8/2018 at 10:54 AM, Red Rum said:

I am seriously speechless on those uniforms. holy cow.

But sending positive vibes out to Ubel. Always liked that kid. 

What in God's green earth are those opponents' threads???

That is a crying shame.

I don't remember a ton about the Doc days and even less about the Collier, but I can't say that we ever had a lot of players get invited to do workouts with NBA teams.  Now it seems like we have 3-4 every year that declare, get invited to work out, etc.  Anton played a nice role this year, but he played just that... a role.  And here he is getting a workout with an NBA team.  Big kudos to Anton for that, but I think an even bigger kudos needs to go out to Miles for getting Nebraska basketball to this point.

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

I don't remember a ton about the Doc days and even less about the Collier, but I can't say that we ever had a lot of players get invited to do workouts with NBA teams.  Now it seems like we have 3-4 every year that declare, get invited to work out, etc.  Anton played a nice role this year, but he played just that... a role.  And here he is getting a workout with an NBA team.  Big kudos to Anton for that, but I think an even bigger kudos needs to go out to Miles for getting Nebraska basketball to this point.

It was also a very different time between the NCAA and NBA during those years. The invites and emphasis on G-League has really exploded over the past 5 or so years.

48 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

The Hornets are sort of in Anton's back yard, so hopefully this is more than a courtesy try-out.

It probably isn't anything more than that, but if he can earn himself a slot on a summer league team all the better for him!