My Head Hurts...

I realize the Basketball program will always play second fiddle to the Football, but the coverage they receive has reached farcical proportions. One practice in, the LJS thought it was newsworthy to report on the music that was played while the team stretched, (Kick Start My Heart by the Crue, FYI). Please for the love of God, just give me an Isaac Copeland update and spare me the 3 deep depth chart of the Secondary... 

Edited by Handy Johnson

Unfortunately, not much going on with basketball other than coaches out on the summer AAU circuit.  That said, I really don't care what music was played during stretching.

Hopefully there will be a Copeland update soon, gut doesn't feel like it will be one we like given how long this has dragged out.

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

I realize the Basketball program will always play second fiddle to the Football, but the coverage they receive has reached farcical proportions. One practice in, the LJS thought it was newsworthy to report on the music that was played while the team stretched, (Kick Start your Heart by the Crue, FYI). Please for the love of God, just give me an Isaac Copeland update and spare me the 3 deep depth chart of the Secondary... 

LOOK WHAT YOU DID!!!

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/nebraskas-anton-gill-expected-cleared-september/

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I realize the Basketball program will always play second fiddle to the Football, but the coverage they receive has reached farcical proportions. One practice in, the LJS thought it was newsworthy to report on the music that was played while the team stretched, (Kick Start your Heart by the Crue, FYI). Please for the love of God, just give me an Isaac Copeland update and spare me the 3 deep depth chart of the Secondary... 

I totally agree that it is way overboard on the coverage the football team gets.  It's sad that the local media needs to let us know every time a football player needs to go to the bathroom.  It is just overkill with media coverage of the football team in this state.  The local radio shows just repeat themselves over and over all summer with projections on if NU can win the West Division or who will be 4th string left guard.  Just image how bad the Volleyball team feels as they could win the National Championship but the lead story on the local TV news stations will be an NU football practice report.

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I realize the Basketball program will always play second fiddle to the Football, but the coverage they receive has reached farcical proportions. One practice in, the LJS thought it was newsworthy to report on the music that was played while the team stretched, (Kick Start your Heart by the Crue, FYI).

Interesting. Today's OWH reported more country music was played during the practice than anyone has heard before....

56 minutes ago, kldm64 said:

I totally agree that it is way overboard on the coverage the football team gets.  It's sad that the local media needs to let us know every time a football player needs to go to the bathroom.  It is just overkill with media coverage of the football team in this state.  The local radio shows just repeat themselves over and over all summer with projections on if NU can win the West Division or who will be 4th string left guard.  Just image how bad the Volleyball team feels as they could win the National Championship but the lead story on the local TV news stations will be an NU football practice report.

I agree that we don't get as much coverage as I'd like to see. Almost everyday, there are practice reports for football. I'd at least like to see something similar for bball.

You'd think Barfknecht (OWH), Basnett (LSJ), and/or Washut (Husker Online) would at least be updating us on the status of Copeland's appeal on a weekly basis. I don't need a daily, "Nothing to report."; but at least give us a weekly update of who you've talked to, what you've learned, who/what NU is waiting on, etc.

At this point, I don't care what the outcome of the appeal is, I just want to know! I hate waiting.

In all fairness, I bet you'd be hard pressed to find 20,000 Nebraskans who even know who Isaac Copeland is.  That's not a knock on him or Nebraskans.  That's life in Nebraska.  We didn't get into the B1G because of our basketball history.  It was football.  Look at all the money rolling into the athletic coffers they can now direct towards basketball (if they so choose.)  I never have begrudged the football program.  I love them both.  I hope basketball can get to a level of success where they warrant August coverage in the media.

BTW, I bet Kansas football is saying the same thing.  ;)

Actually @cipsucks, The Nebraska basketball Twitter account has almost as many followers as Memorial stadium has seats.   I bet everyone of them knows who Isaac Copeland is. And I, for one, am not a follower, so there are at least 78,001  husker hoops fans out there who know who Isaac Copeland is. 

Edited by Norm Peterson

15 hours ago, uneblinstu said:

I'm fairly confident they're asking regularly. You also need the other party to give up the info. And I think there's a lot of "nothing to report" situations. Those will remain until it changes.

I'm sure you are right; Journalists may be asking, but just because they aren't getting anything to report does not mean they can't write about it regularly.  That would do two things: 1) reassure us they are 'on-the-job' and 2) let the basketball folks know that 'Hey, we're Starving out here!'  (How's that, Silver?  ;))

Edited by Red Don

If Miles and crew could get a verbal for 2018 it would get the ball rolling too.  Being a Husker fan stuck in Misery I am thrilled to get any Husker news, use to get a bit when we played the tiggers all the time, but those days are gone.  So even if it was a helmets only article (as I said the music playing was weak) I will take it.  If the guys at the LJS or OWH (I kept my thoughts on the OWH nice since Sam plays nicely here) write that recruiting is slow folks get up in arms that they are to hard on the program.  If they write a glowing article about team chemistry some call it fluff.  That all said, I hope something big happens (in a good manner) soon for the basketball program so we can read about that here in Misery.

OWH Husker Camp Chatter: "Good job!" -Assistant Scott Booker to A Williams and A Anderson as they combined in their coverage of a receiver.

What incitful journalism! 

Followed up by another fantastic coaching blurb "Let's go blackshirts" after a run down of how coach Diaco changed from wearing sweats to shorts.

Advil works for me Handy!

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

OWH Husker Camp Chatter: "Good job!" -Assistant Scott Booker to A Williams and A Anderson as they combined in their coverage of a receiver.

What incitful journalism! 

Followed up by another fantastic coaching blurb "Let's go blackshirts" after a run down of how coach Diaco changed from wearing sweats to shorts.

Advil works for me Handy!

Hey I learned some inside information about TP's beard today does that count? :)