Rank the league's top 5 PGs

8 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

He had two good games all season, and the second one (his last game) was against Southern. The game before that, he was 1-7 for 2 points against Gardner-Webb. Against Kansas, he had 7 points on 2-6 FG. 4 points on 2-3 FG but 2 TO vs. Creighton. 0-6 againt South Dakota.

What were these flashes he was showing?

At the very least, he was a big help with perimeter defense because of his quickness.  But, yeah, he was a total roller coaster on the offensive end.  

50 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

but he had spurts within those last four where it looked like he was getting close to full speed again.

I'd say he often looked like a guy used to executing elite athlete type moves that his body wasn't allowing him to make.  He shot 33% at the rim for the season as the dude couldn't finish.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:59 AM, Chuck Taylor said:

Sorry to dredge this up again, but I can't stand the bagging on guys who leave. One minute they're great, then they're awful. Yeah, MJ averaged 6 and 6. But he was a sophomore, so maybe his numbers improve too? Iowa State is a much better program than us and they took him, even though "he just isn't that good." THANK YOU.

The nuance here is that MJ as a bench guy would be great and we absolutely want him on this team; MJ as a starter without a consistent inside post move or 3pt shot isn't going to cut it as our starting 4/5 if we want to make the tourney.  So yes we really miss him and no we won't miss him aren't necessarily contradictory statements.

13 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Coach Miles mentioned the connection of J.P. to T.P., in fact.

I would interpret "TP Lite" in regards to Palmer as a guy who will aggressively take the ball to the hoop or shoot from long range but isn't a guy who is going to be bringing up the ball and initiating the offense. No idea on Palmer's defense; in retrospect an undervalued aspect of TP was that he would often guard the other team's best player.

Without being negative to Gill, I have to side with Jacob on this one.  I had certain expectations of Anton dancing in my head prior to the start of the season.  I did understand that he would be rusty and would have to acclimate himself to the team, but I really did not see what I had expected to see prior to his season ending surgery.  I was still holding out hope, but it certainly was never on display to the paying customers.

12 hours ago, Jacob Padilla said:

He had two good games all season, and the second one (his last game) was against Southern. The game before that, he was 1-7 for 2 points against Gardner-Webb. Against Kansas, he had 7 points on 2-6 FG. 4 points on 2-3 FG but 2 TO vs. Creighton. 0-6 againt South Dakota.

Youre right. I guess i was weighing his last game too heavily. Looking back he was very hot and cold on offense (mainly cold).

9 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

I would interpret "TP Lite" in regards to Palmer as a guy who will aggressively take the ball to the hoop or shoot from long range but isn't a guy who is going to be bringing up the ball and initiating the offense. No idea on Palmer's defense; in retrospect an undervalued aspect of TP was that he would often guard the other team's best player.

Driving to the hole & long-range threes are a good start. But I'd contend the tight D is even more important...

• 6 months later...
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:52 AM, Jacob Padilla said:

23.9 minutes; 40.6 FG%; 39.3 3pt%; 54.8 eFG%; 82.1 FT%; 1.8 bds/gm; 1.1 apg.

Whose prediction turned out to be more accurate?