Who's going to MSG & the B1G Tourney

I know it's a ways off, but my mind tends to wander during the dog days. I've been thru New York a couple of times, but haven't spent any real time there. So, I've had this baby penciled in for awhile now. 1st time at MSG, 1st B1G Tournament, it's a win-win all around. Was just wondering how many of you Hoop Heads were making the trip OR if there might even be some type of travel package in the works for us Board members? Like to hear some feedback either way...   

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

I know it's a ways off, but my mind tends to wander during the dog days. I've been thru New York a couple of times, but haven't spent any real time there. So, I've had this baby penciled in for awhile now. 1st time at MSG, 1st B1G Tournament, it's a win-win all around. Was just wondering how many of you Hoop Heads were making the trip OR if there might even be some type of travel package in the works for us Board members? Like to hear some feedback either way...   

1st at MSG, 1st B1G Tournament, 1st Husker Conference Championship in said B1G Tournament?  :ph34r:

As an introvert, I can say with a high degree of certainty that NYC would be one of the least enjoyable places in America for me.  Way too high of a population density.  As it is, I loathe having to travel to D.C. for work; I can't imagine actually paying money to go to a bigger city.  But that's just me.

4 hours ago, aphilso1 said:

As an introvert, I can say with a high degree of certainty that NYC would be one of the least enjoyable places in America for me.  Way too high of a population density.  As it is, I loathe having to travel to D.C. for work; I can't imagine actually paying money to go to a bigger city.  But that's just me.

Oh, it can't be bigger than Grand Island, and I've been there.  Granted, the pretty traffic lights are a bit confusing, but the side streets with the stops signs are easy to navigate.

Aside from all the farmer jokes in the Times, think of Manhattan being overrun with Hicks&Hayseeds celebrating our 1st B1G Tourney title! Reminds me of the '95 Orange Bowl and all the Ham n Eggers dressed in their Key overalls shocked, SHOCKED I say, at all the topless women on the beach... 

32 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Aside from all the farmer jokes in the Times, think of Manhattan being overrun with Hicks&Hayseeds celebrating our 1st B1G Tourney title! Reminds me of the '95 Orange Bowl and all the Ham n Eggers dressed in their Key overalls shocked, SHOCKED I say, at all the topless women on the beach... 

Them Keys are damn fine overalls.  Don't let nobody tell you differnt.

Wouldn't miss it!

Daughter lives in NYC so I could possibly be going.  Never been to Madison Square Garden before.  (was also thinking about going to the B1G Championship in DC until the late-season swoon).

(btw: I always thot it was (at least pronounced) Overhauls <_<)

2 hours ago, Kent Pavelka said:

Wouldn't miss it!

Kent, I'm volunteering to be your "sidelines correspondent." 

"Thanks, Kent, yeah, the injury to Michigan's Zak Irvin is pretty gruesome-looking after he landed awkwardly on Xavier Simpson's outstretched foot.  He currently has blood and what looks like feces apparently coming out of his rectum and I'm guessing he won't return to the game today, which is good news for the Huskers, so there is that.  Back to you."

3 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Kent, I'm volunteering to be your "sidelines correspondent." 

"Thanks, Kent, yeah, the injury to Michigan's Zak Irvin is pretty gruesome-looking after he landed awkwardly on Xavier Simpson's outstretched foot.  He currently has blood and what looks like feces apparently coming out of his rectum and I'm guessing he won't return to the game today, which is good news for the Huskers, so there is that.  Back to you."

giphy.gif