“I think he’s injecting something.” (That’s a joke, folks.)

25 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

RE: aforementioned query, think 3 Guard set with Allen, Anketen, Watson - Roby, Tshimanga down low. Has me intrigued, what say you...  

Certainly a possibility, and likely probable.  I believe that we have the type of players that allow (most of) them to play multiple roles.  Arguably you could put a line up on the floor that is huge, simply by plugging Isaiah into the PG role.  I will need to see that type of line up to believe it, but I believe it is truly an option.

33 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

RE: aforementioned query, think 3 Guard set with Allen, Anketen, Watson - Roby, Tshimanga down low. Has me intrigued, what say you...  

Options Options Options!  I love it!!

This is a lineup that I'd be ok with!!  But to me, what's even more impressive...

Taylor, Palmer, McVeigh, Gill, Copeland, and Okeke is our bench.

When is the last time we've had this much depth?  We can seriously play around with a lot of different lineups this time!

53 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Until I see Allen and Anketen play a game at this level I don't think I am in favor of this.  Could I be?  Hell yes if they are good enough to make it happen. 

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

Options Options Options!  I love it!!

This is a lineup that I'd be ok with!!  But to me, what's even more impressive...

Taylor, Palmer, McVeigh, Gill, Copeland, and Okeke is our bench.

When is the last time we've had this much depth?  We can seriously play around with a lot of different lineups this time!

I'll be shocked if Taylor, Palmer, and Copeland are all backups.

After Watson, who is our best ball handler. Perhaps it's Allen or Gill, but Roby definitely has shown he can handle bringing the ball up the floor. I like the idea of having a stretch lineup with Roby at the point, McVeigh and Palmer and Copeland spread out and either Duby or Jordy down low.

12 minutes ago, rwhiston said:

After Watson, who is our best ball handler. Perhaps it's Allen or Gill, but Roby definitely has shown he can handle bringing the ball up the floor. I like the idea of having a stretch lineup with Roby at the point, McVeigh and Palmer and Copeland spread out and either Duby or Jordy down low.

Taylor is a better ball handler than Gill. So I'd say Allen and Taylor are the most likely candidates for second best ball handler.

Just by watching the skill set--especially the passing ability--you can see Roby is a great kid with an attention to detail and work ethic.  I'm not surprised at all that he's worked this hard in the weight room.  That only matches his character.

My number 1 with Roby is whether or not he has developed a decent three point stroke.  If he has, he's going to be completely dominant at the 4.  I think he'll have a good year regardless, but I think he could end up being a terror filling up the stat sheet if he can stretch the floor on offense.  Just the threat of him out there could add 5-10 points based on his ability to drive and pass.  

I do NOT want to see him or Copeland at the 5 unless we are playing a tiny opposing team.  

Watson/Taylor

Allen/Palmer

McVeigh/Akenten

Roby/Copeland

Jordy/Duby

However you decide to make rotations or combine positions, that's Miles' most complete team ever.  There's a lot more skill in that lineup than last year despite the offseason loss of Morrow and the offseason "loss" of Jacobson.  They'll score the ball.  If Roby can shoot it from outside, I love the idea of making him a pest in the rotation--just put him in wherever he's going to be the biggest matchup problem, 1-5.   

5 hours ago, LK1 said:

I do NOT want to see him or Copeland at the 5 unless we are playing a tiny opposing team.  

Jordy was pretty foul-prone last year.  I haven't checked Duby's stats, but his style of play indicates he may also struggle with collecting fouls.  So what do you do when one of those guys collects a couple quick whistles in the first 5 minutes?  Do you play the other guy exclusively?  Give Tanner extended playing time?  If you're not OK with either of those options, then likely you have to plug in either Roby or Copeland at the 5.  

I imagine we'll have at least 10 games this year where one of our posts gets in foul trouble, so it's not like this is some crazy hypothetical that'll never happen.  Gotta get either Zay or Cope ready to bang inside.  My $$$ is on Zay.

Wow.  That is nuts.

I'm calling it now.....since he is 6'8", 220 lbs and an all around game he will be Billy Owens 2.0 when he is done here!  Okay, maybe that is a bit much but I truly think his ceiling is in that neighborhood.  Just needs to get confidence if that jumper.