Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
huskercwg

Promotion

7 posts in this topic

Oh.  That kind of came out of nowhere.  Good for Greg.  Bet he'll do great.  Nice to see Miles rewarding loyalty.  Guys like Burno keep jumping around and getting promotions.  High time a guy who paid his dues gets rewarded for it.  Wondering what took them so long to fill this.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

Oh.  That kind of came out of nowhere.  Good for Greg.  Bet he'll do great.  Nice to see Miles rewarding loyalty.  Guys like Burno keep jumping around and getting promotions.  High time a guy who paid his dues gets rewarded for it.  Wondering what took them so long to fill this.

Vacations.

19 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Oh.  That kind of came out of nowhere.

Did it?

It seems like we were talking about this being the probable outcome like the day after Teddy took the job in Florida?

Or did you mean the timing of the announcement...

25 minutes ago, 49r said:

Did it?

It seems like we were talking about this being the probable outcome like the day after Teddy took the job in Florida?

Or did you mean the timing of the announcement...

The timing of the announcement.  Nothing for the longest time -- no smoke, no whispers, no mention of the job even still being open -- then all of a sudden, they announce a guy who has been here all along. 

As uneblinstu said, and I'll take his word for it, there may have been some vacations going on and, if the guy you want is here and isn't going anywhere, I don't suppose there's any rush.

I'm not implying anything untoward about all of this.  I'm just saying that there's usually some rumblings before something gets formally announced.

16 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I'm just saying that there's usually some rumblings before something gets formally announced.

It's been assistants from outside.  It's hard to hide those guys showing up vs a guy that might not even need to physically change offices for the job.