Breakout player

unl

Which newcomer makes the most impact?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Which newcomer makes the most impact this season?

2. 2. Which newcomer makes the most impact for the duration of their stay?

I said Copeland, but only if he is eligible this full year.  If he is not, I would probably go with Allen for both.  

I agree with Jason, this would have been a starting 5 that we would have been giddy about some years.  Remember the "smallest lineup in college basketball?"  That team played hard though.

Funny thing is, one of these players could redshirt, and we are missing 2-3 starters that aren't even listed.  Man oh man do I love the talent upgrade.  Now... can the wins follow?  For the first time in a while, we *SHOULD* have two full years of a pretty solid lineup.

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Voted Copeland for both.....would have voted Allen for #2 but going off recent history I'm hesitant to say he will be here long enough to make a huge impact.  If healthy and eligible right away, Copeland should have a very solid year IMO. 

I would disagree with this because I compare Allen more to Watson than others who have transferred... if that is what you are referring to.  I do not think Allen will see diminishing playing time as his career moves forward, and I also do not see him being played at a position where he wants something different or new.  

Now, knowing recent history, he will probably have a pretty short leash this year.  Hopefully he can look past that if it does happen, because the kid has a bright future.  That is the only way I could see him leaving, and I would hope he looks no further than Glynn if he was even thinking about it.  

This poll is fascinating to me. I kinda wish the vote was closer so I felt like all 5 are ready to be studs...but there is so much hinging on each situation (health, depth, etc.)

I'd like to see Copeland cleared and healthy - that would be huge for our season outlook. But real close to that I'd like to see the new guards each average 7 or 8 each which isn't likely but what if they averaged 21-24 combined? 

My optimism for this season has not dwindled...even though I've been optimistic the past 3 seasons.:huh:

10 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Not to hijack thread but I assume that no one has heard or seen anything to give us a hint on Copeland's physical or eligibility status. I would like any positive report on either as soon as there is any news, please.

I keep checking here multiple times each day hoping to see an update on Copeland. I'm starting to think somehow they're  going to screw this up, similar to the Sallie situation.

Edited by REDZONEDAN

• 2 weeks later...

I voted Copeland for the duration of his stay, mainly because in all likelihood it will be condensed to 1 1/2 years.

I voted Allen for impact this year because we get him from day one, and I can see him being a BIG time scorer (think Joe McRay)

Edited by Handy Johnson

I'd like to know how many 3's each of them hit this year. I wouldn't even feel comfortable ranking that 1 through 4. Or rebounds, or points, or steals, or assists, or +/-......Even though there's only two freshmen, I wonder if this is the game-changing class (positive or negative), now that Glynn's is depleted. These guys might get it done. If they don't pan out, it will likely get ugly real fast. But it won't. ;)