Ed Chang -> SDSU -> CC -> Mizzou -> Jax St.->Idaho St

I've known Ed for four years. I've seen him at his best, but unfortunately "his best" isn't what he normally is. He shot 31% from 3 last year (and that was an improvement from his sophomore year).  

In terms of how this went down, I will say that neither Creighton nor Nebraska "missed out" on him; they let him go.

I think it's for the best for everyone that Ed gets out of this state and goes somewhere fresh to start his college career. He has a lot of work to do.

38 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

I know the Husker coaches regret missing out on Khyri. As it's been told to me, Patton was never going anywhere other than Creighton.

This is also good to know.  Do we know how hard we recruited Khyri?  Some seem to think we didn't even try.

They did a poor job of evaluating instate talent in their first few years here. Not sure how much effort they put into recruiting KT, but my understanding is that by the time they realized their mistake, it was too late. I think grades were a question, too, before he went to the prep school. I could be wrong about that, though.

Edited by uneblinstu

1 hour ago, uneblinstu said:

They did a poor job of evaluating instate talent in their first few years here. Not sure how much effort they put into recruiting KT, but my understanding is that by the time they realized their mistake, it was too late. I think grades were a question, too, before he went to the prep school. I could be wrong about that, though.

There is a perception among some that Nebraska High School Basketball isn't worth recruiting.  I think we are seeing this start to change, but it'll take a little bit of time I think.

Gets me thinking of the lyrics from that old Bruce Hornsby song.  "Good enough to hire, not good enough to marry".

The conventional wisdom here would presumably be, that Nebraska kids are good enough for mid-majors, not good enough for the B1G.  Whether it's right or wrong, it is what it is.

20 hours ago, swmckewon said:

Miles thought it was worth recruiting at Colorado State.

Should have added isn't worth it for power conference programs.  There has always been kids who went to littler conferences.

I should add that I believe it's worth it and the talent level in the state isn't as bad as some think.

On 7/7/2017 at 0:49 AM, Jacob Padilla said:

I've known Ed for four years. I've seen him at his best, but unfortunately "his best" isn't what he normally is. He shot 31% from 3 last year (and that was an improvement from his sophomore year).  

In terms of how this went down, I will say that neither Creighton nor Nebraska "missed out" on him; they let him go.

I think it's for the best for everyone that Ed gets out of this state and goes somewhere fresh to start his college career. He has a lot of work to do.

Interesting...... 

• 9 months later...