Ed Chang -> SDSU -> CC -> Mizzou -> Jax St.->Idaho St

5 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Quite a few it would seem, he was on track to be like a top 150ish to 200ish recruit if he stayed at papillon it looked like 

Staying at Papillion-La Vista wouldn't have affected his national ranking. That's based off AAU play and he was already trending down before his senior season. 

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I thought it stood for "All About Under-the-table-deals-being-made-by-apparel-companies-and-universities-to-make-big-contract-deals-with-future-players-then-look-the-other-way-when-asked-if-there's-corruption-in-college-basketball-until-the-FBI-steps-in-then-you-let-them-enforce-the-rules-of-your-own-organization-that-you-pathetically-don't-enforce"?

But maybe that's just me :lol:

I’ll up arrow that for creativity lol

1 minute ago, khoock said:

If Chang somehow ends up here, he's gotta RS right? 6'9 and 180# 

It'd be nice to have two local kids coming off of RS seasons in 2019-20 after getting our first tourney win ?

I'll be coming out with my "kids don't redshirt" PSA once we have our full roster for next year 

3 hours ago, khoock said:

If Chang somehow ends up here, he's gotta RS right? 6'9 and 180# 

It'd be nice to have two local kids coming off of RS seasons in 2019-20 after getting our first tourney win ?

Now I know why he left Nebraska... at that size he was having trouble walking in the wind.:mellow:

1 hour ago, TimSmiles said:

kind of feels like akoy part 2 here. doesn't seem like he wants to be in nebraska.

Well then it would be pretty silly for us to send an assistant coach to the West Coast to watch the young man work out if there weren't at least some mutual interest in one another wouldn't ya think?

36 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Well then it would be pretty silly for us to send an assistant coach to the West Coast to watch the young man work out if there weren't at least some mutual interest in one another wouldn't ya think?

well we recruited him for 3 years then he went to washington.

there aren't a lot of top 150 guys available right now, so i get why we are recruiting him. but i don't feel like he has much interest in us.

Edited by TimSmiles

53 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

You can get $.05 a can in California, $.10 for a plastic bottle.

Image result for newman recycling

I don’t know where his game is at currently but I don’t think if he comes here we necessarily redshirt him. He can shoot and is pretty athletic. Sounds like a possible back end rotation guy to me next year.

if he has to play the 4 spot he would likely get broke in the BIG 10. But I guess roby played some 4 his freshman year 

11 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I don’t know where his game is at currently but I don’t think if he comes here we necessarily redshirt him. He can shoot and is pretty athletic. Sounds like a possible back end rotation guy to me next year.

if he has to play the 4 spot he would likely get broke in the BIG 10. But I guess roby played some 4 his freshman year 

I also think Fr. Isaiah Roby had a good 30 pounds on Chang

I think he is a must get for this staff. Hear me out:

Through the Sadler and Miles eras, we have constantly relied on diamonds in the rough or out-of-state players.  While many of those guys have been my favorites through the years, how many NCAA tournament wins have they gotten us? We all know the answer to that. I am ready to see us taking more chances on in-state kids. No offense to guys like Thor, who might turn out to be great, but why not focus more on kids within a 50-to-100 mile radius.  I find it somewhat sad we take chances on kids from Iceland and Australia, yet not very often with the locals.  With Chang's height and length, as well as his shooting ability and athleticism, to me, he is a no-brainer. I understand that grades could be a hold up. However if they are not, we need to get him.  If Creighton beats us out, consider me pissed.

9 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

I think he is a must get for this staff. Hear me out:

Through the Sadler and Miles eras, we have constantly relied on diamonds in the rough or out-of-state players.  While many of those guys have been my favorites through the years, how many NCAA tournament wins have they gotten us? We all know the answer to that. I am ready to see us taking more chances on in-state kids. No offense to guys like Thor, who might turn out to be great, but why not focus more on kids within a 50-to-100 mile radius.  I find it somewhat sad we take chances on kids from Iceland and Australia, yet not very often with the locals.  With Chang's height and length, as well as his shooting ability and athleticism, to me, he is a no-brainer. I understand that grades could be a hold up. However if they are not, we need to get him.  If Creighton beats us out, consider me pissed.

Agreed.  I’d also offer Wingett if there’s any hope he qualifies 

21 minutes ago, jason2486 said:

Through the Sadler and Miles eras, we have constantly relied on diamonds in the rough or out-of-state players.  While many of those guys have been my favorites through the years, how many NCAA tournament wins have they gotten us? We all know the answer to that. I am ready to see us taking more chances on in-state kids.

This isn't going to change anything. But I'm assuming that wasn't your point.

4 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

My impression of Chang is that he is a bit of a fall back offer for Nebraska and Creighton.  I think both would take him but both have reservations about him.  A local kid with some talent and potential but with some questions as well.  No real inside info here, just my gut feeling.

(Insert gif of nail being hit on the head here)