Patton to Minnesota

Minnesota had a really good draft. They got Jimmy Butler to pair with Andrew Wiggins and Karl Anthony Towns. Plus Patton is an intriguing prospect with gigantic boom or bust potential. And he had a sweet suit that was reppin Omaha. That was cool to see on national tv.

(Omar Bradley gets a call during breakfast one morning)

Patton: Pssst,  Brad.  I'm across, but don't tell anybody!

Brad:  You mean the Rhine?!!!

Yeah, I snuck some units across the river last night.  There aren't many Krauts around though - I don't think they know I'm there!

Excerpt from "A General's Life" by Omar Bradley.  Great Book - well written.  A Great General; A Great Life!

Edited by Red Don

• 3 weeks later...

maybe an an unnecessary bump but patton essentially gets another 'redshirt' year, broken foot same as what happened to Embiid and Simmons. I was excited to see him grab whatever minutes he could, Thibs seemed high on him as well, now a year off the court has me worried for his future acclimation to the speed of the nba. Got his money tho! 

6 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I spent the last 20 years in Mpls. and have watched a load of BAD Wolves basketball.... Not only did they get Butler & Patton on draft night, they've also signed Jeff Teague, Taj Gibson & Jamaal Crawford. They might actually be a trendy pick to make some hay in the play-offs this year.

T-Wolves got a few vets that will help the young guns. I like the makeup of the team in Minny.

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Minnesota has enough population in the twin cities to support a professional soccer franchise.  Maybe they could start one there.  Get the rights to Messi and build a team around him.

Minnesota United is in their inagural year in the MLS in dead last place in both their conference and the overall league. I'm sure the attendance is decent, but the team isn't.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:27 PM, hhcdimes said:

tumblr_msppcfVmwD1qhub34o1_250.gifNow this is why I visit this site. I love threads which can maintain their discipline. I never realized that Patton's tanks had moved to Minnesota after they took France. And speaking of France, how about that Zinedine Zidane?