At Last, Huskers to receive their full-share!

Red Don

I've wondered if this played even a small part in not firing Miles after last season. If he were fired, we would have had to hire a coach similar to his caliber/pay grade. Tom Shatel wrote (and I agree with him) that one day Nebraska will pay its football coach $6M and its basketball coach $3M in annual salaries. If Nebraska basketball wants to go to the next level, we need to dish out some cash for a coach who's capable of doing that.

I don't buy Shatel's premise at all. We're a $110 million AD that runs a budget surplus and we have rabid fans who fill our venues remarkably well. Waiting until we're a $140 million AD should not be necessary to make any coaching changes.

Even if budget was a consideration, we knew the windfall was coming. You can operate at a loss for one year if you absolutely HAD to replace a coach.

But what do you expect from a front-running panderer like Shatel who's more Bluejay than Jaysker anyway??

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk