30 for 30: Celtics/Lakers: Best of Enemies

49r

I wanted to watch, but FaceOff started tonight, and it's the only show my family watches together.

Hopefully I can watch it/them on re-runs, much like I've caught Catholics vs Convicts about ten times.

BTW, how did Miami manage to get three 30 for 30's? The U was a great one, but the sequel was entirely unnecessary.  Methinks there's another football program that had a modicum of success in the 90's that might be worthy of a feature.

10 hours ago, Thattimeofyear4 said:

I honestly learned a lot that I didn't know

Always been about foosball to be honest

I'm not gonna say my official team tho

I'd probably be banned from here emoji23.png

Sent from my SM-S320VL using Tapatalk

As long as it's not Creighton you're okay

Oh I hated the Lakers too, just not as much as the C's.

It's why I became a pretty big Pistons fan during the Bad Boys era.  Mostly because they weren't the Celtics or Lakers and didn't have trouble pushing either of them around.

On 6/13/2017 at 9:13 PM, atskooc said:

BTW, how did Miami manage to get three 30 for 30's? The U was a great one, but the sequel was entirely unnecessary.  Methinks there's another football program that had a modicum of success in the 90's that might be worthy of a feature.

There is a 1990's Nebraska "30 for 30" in the works, and the last I heard is that it will air in the fall.  LP's death may have changed the final production dates for the "30 for 30" from the original timeline.

7 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

There is a 1990's Nebraska "30 for 30" in the works, and the last I heard is that it will air in the fall.  LP's death may have changed the final production dates for the "30 for 30" from the original timeline.

I keep hearing that. I hope it's true. I'm growing skeptical. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2017 at 9:13 PM, atskooc said:

Methinks there's another football program that had a modicum of success in the 90's that might be worthy of a feature.

It's been in the works for quite a while now.  Eric Drath (30 for 30 director) confirmed it quite a while back:

http://www.wowt.com/sports/headlines/30-for-30-Director-on-Husker-Football-Film-369611631.html

I recall seeing somewhere that filming was complete.  Am I the only one that low-key hopes this never sees the light of day?  We have a lot of skeletons in the closet from back then..

I think what troubles me most is this quote from the director:

"So, you know, I worked at Fox and I learned to be fair and objective."

giphy.gif

o932o8.jpg