Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
49r

Season Tickets

Recommended Posts

Thanks for asking, uni. I am one of the fortunates who have been certified as totally cured. Nothing against Miles or the Pinacle but the late hours and lack of Saturday games make taking grandkids less viable so I don't see the glory days of the BDSC returning, particularly since the old fixed income dictates either football or basketball tickets, but not both. And ,alas, my sons seldom visit the site any more so the sideburns will continue to gather dust. Will probably take some success to bring them back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best Wishes, Jimmy.  As far as success bringing your sons back, Let's hope for both.  I think this is the best array of talent I've seen on the Team in my (short :o) history of being a MBB Fan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211482804
 
Here is an FYI link for those interested. 
 
Does anyone know what it means that the KU game is not guaranteed? And, what about our free Runza??
I didn't see an answer to this, and a friend brought it up in a conversation today. I signed up for the card. Does that mean no Runza this year since I won't have paper tickets?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BLB115 said:

I didn't see an answer to this, and a friend brought it up in a conversation today. I signed up for the card. Does that mean no Runza this year since I won't have paper tickets?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 

I think the Runza offer will be on the back of the season ticket card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The KU game is guaranteed only if you purchase season tickets, my understanding is there will be no public sale of NU/KU tickets. As for the Runza I don't care because I don't like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, aksarben said:

The KU game is guaranteed only if you purchase season tickets, my understanding is there will be no public sale of NU/KU tickets. As for the Runza I don't care because I don't like them.

I do wonder how they will be selling the KU tickets? There are only 10k season tickets, I'd guess. What are they doing with the rest? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe there are closer to 13,000 season tickets (including students). There will be some season ticket sales prior to the start of the season, plus don't forget this game has a national corporate sponsor for television on ESPN (Shelter Insurance Showcase). They will probably take up a sizeable number of tickets for corporate use for their agents in Nebraska and Kansas, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

What kind of season ticket does $108 get you?

Nose bleed: like bumping your head on the ceiling in the upper tier.  I have two spare tickets up there: if anyone has a problem with vertigo or cremnophobia (fear of the precipice), such seats are not a good place to be.

 

And reading that  string of KU posts is irritating.  

Edited by Swan88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like when we used to buy season tickets to KU, KSU and some times ISU in football so we could go to see the Huskers.  But they forget that.<_<

 

The KU faithful are the ones that say "We ahve a football team?"  crap line, like some around here with the "We have a basketball team?":angry:

 

Was at the Kansas game where we stopped them on the two point try to win 21-20 (I think)  and people where coming to the game in the second quarter because it was a game and everybody was sittinr in everybody elses seat and there where even a punch or two thrown.  So, I take that talk with a grain of salt, because I have seen the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought this would be a good way to get a couple more tickets to KU game, but they are apparently all gone. 

 

Correction: You can get one but not two.  Keep an eye out for lonely Jayhawk fans in the nosebleeds.

Edited by Cornhoopers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cornhoopers said:

Thought this would be a good way to get a couple more tickets to KU game, but they are apparently all gone. 

 

Correction: You can get one but not two.  Keep an eye out for lonely Jayhawk fans in the nosebleeds.

Wow. No more season tickets available (pairs)? I wonder how many seats the ticket office held back for single game tickets. Still, that is pretty interesting. I wonder how many of the extras that were bought after the Seat Yourself process ended were bought by Husker fans vs Jayhawks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, HuskerActuary said:

Wow. No more season tickets available (pairs)? I wonder how many seats the ticket office held back for single game tickets. Still, that is pretty interesting. I wonder how many of the extras that were bought after the Seat Yourself process ended were bought by Husker fans vs Jayhawks.

 

It's a shame. I'd rather the tickets go to young kids to enjoy the other non-KU games. Then again, it's not like there aren't some NU fans who get season tickets and only go to a handful of games. But season tickets sold are season tickets sold and in the end that equates to cash for the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×