2017-18 Team Goals

Every team needs goals, right?  Perhaps the team could use a little of our help setting team goals for this coming season.  Here is my first attempt at setting goals for this coming season:

1) Take care of home court

2) Eradicate any and all shock losses

3) Top half of the Big Ten Conference

4) In the hunt for NCAA tournament right up to the end. 

5) If we make NCAA tournament, get at least one win...if we make NIT, make at least the final 8.

6) Minimum of at least one win in the Big Ten Tournament.

7) No negative drama

8) Improve throughout year, alleviate year end swoon. 

7 minutes ago, huskercwg said:

Every team needs goals, right?  Perhaps the team could use a little of our help setting team goals for this coming season.  Here is my first attempt at setting goals for this coming season:

1) Take care of home court... less than 5 losses at home!  KU and 3 Big 10 games.

2) Eradicate any and all shock losses... no losses to teams with an RPI of 150+

5) If we make NCAA tournament, get at least one win...if we make NIT, make at least the final 8.

6) Minimum of at least one win in the Big Ten Tournament.... No first 4 game.

7) No negative drama... Everyone accept role and remain positive.  PT will be a dogfight this year.

8) Improve throughout year, alleviate year end swoon.... No losing streak of 4 or more games.   

Went even deeper with some of these.  I like em!

1. Improve 3 point defense

2. Improve 3 point shooting

3. Build early season momentum.

If this team does all three things, they will be  right there on selection Sunday. They do 2 of 3, they are an NIT team. They do 0 of 3, we'll have a 20 page thread about who our next hire should be....by middle of conference play. 

2 hours ago, Busch Light said:

1. Improve 3 point defense

2. Improve 3 point shooting

3. Build early season momentum.

If this team does all three things, they will be  right there on selection Sunday. They do 2 of 3, they are an NIT team. They do 0 of 3, we'll have a 20 page thread about who our next hire should be....by middle of conference play. 

Seems like a reasonable set of goals initially. I hope the team aims high, though: win in the NCAA's!

19 hours ago, huskercwg said:

6) Minimum of at least one win in the Big Ten Tournament.

7) No negative drama

8) Improve throughout year, alleviate year end swoon. 

I think #8 is the most important of your goals.  If we eliminate that swoon the last 3 years the narrative on Miles and his tenure would be entirely different.  Likely have an NIT or two under the belt and possibly another NCAA berth.

19 hours ago, huskercwg said:

4) Make the NCAA tournament

5) Win a game when you get there

Good list, cwg.

I've modified it a bit just to make it a bit more succinct.

Otherwise, I think we're all on the same basic page.

24 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

What if we make the dance and win a game, but that game is one of the stupid play-in games on Tuesday night in Dayton?  Does that end speculation?

Yes.

And, if I'm not mistaken, the NCAA finally figured out they can't call that the 1st round.  It's a play-in game.  Nothing more.