Jess Shepard

Bugeaters1

Don't want to be to negative....but...

One of the articles said she as going to some "gym" in Omaha, I think, to get in shape and improve conditioning  as she prepares to go to irish land. So we weren't good enough here, for her to improve conditioning ??? I guess it's an admission she knows she hasn't been in good basketball shape at UNL.. 

I'm pretty sure that was an issue with Coach Amy.

Edited by redsteve

I wish her well. It just wasn't in the cards at Nebraska. Between the senior injury, rehab, expectations, coaching changes, etc., fresh scenery might be the best resolution for all concerned.  Maybe, we can catch the Irish in the NCAA tournament in a couple of years. That would be a game worth watching.

2 hours ago, redsteve said:

Don't want to be to negative....but...

One of the articles said she as going to some "gym" in Omaha, I think, to get in shape and improve conditioning  as she prepares to go to irish land. So we weren't good enough here, for her to improve conditioning ??? I guess it's an admission she knows she hasn't been in good basketball shape at UNL.. 

I'm pretty sure that was an issue with Coach Amy.

Just think:  If she'd gone to UConn straight outta high school, she might be transferring back here this season and trying to lose 50 pounds in the off-season.

And Connie Yori might still be the coach.

Just think:  If she'd gone to UConn straight outta high school, she might be transferring back here this season and trying to lose 50 pounds in the off-season.

And Connie Yori might still be the coach.

Or maybe Geno gets fired for having hard practices.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Her departure is one of the bigger disappointments in Husker sports history.  Someone who is considered arguably one of the best talents ever to come from this state did not finish their commitment to the Husker program- a program that needed someone of that level to take them to another level.  Under the circumstances so be it, just saying it's a big disappointment.

On 6/4/2017 at 9:44 AM, Cazzie22 said:

You are far more optimistic than me.   I hope you are correct but I don't see it coming in two years.

By "nice" I mean a NCAA Tourney berth, not Jordan Hooper's senior year.

nebraska's backcourt by then should pretty, pretty good. Whitish, Eliely, Stallworth and Kissinger? Pretty good. 

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Row6Seat10 said:

A little bit of inconsequential news this morning, Samatha Shepard, jessica Shepards younger sister gave Midland University a verbal this morning.

A hundred snarky remarks pop into my mind.  I'm not going to say what I'm thinking and just keep it to myself.

So, any sarcastic questions about "was the Midland coach planning on changing jobs in a couple of years?" will have to trickle out of someone else's keyboard, not mine.  Nor will I propose a "Top Ten Ways the Midland Women's Basketball Coach Can Keep His Job" list, number 10 of which would probably be something like -- and I'm only speculating what someone ELSE might say -- "Just don't ask her to keep her hands up on D" or "If she chooses not to run down court in transition, let it go" or "Just fire the athletic trainer now and do it yourself."

No.  I will NOT go there.  Not me.

I'll let others have a field day with this one.

I am taking the high road.  -_-

Edited by Norm Peterson

So...it's been quiet on here for a while...

Anything that pertain to our team???    ..... that's real news on recruits...or....summer practice?

I'm in the middle of moving......so have been out of touch a bit for a while. Just moving across town...but it's still a real pain.

So...it's been quiet on here for a while...

Anything that pertain to our team???    ..... that's real news on recruits...or....summer practice?

I'm in the middle of moving......so have been out of touch a bit for a while. Just moving across town...but it's still a real pain.

There's a surprise coming in the next day or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk