A comparison of teams

khoock

22 hours ago, Donkey said:

I have heard good things about Borchardt's athleticism.  However, I wonder about his drive.  I am under the impression could have, but chose not to, play college sports and basically tried out for the basketball team on a whim.  It could be possible Miles kept a scholarship open as motivation for Borchardt.  I hope he is practicing/keeping himself in shape this summer.  I get the feeling the staff may try to use him as a backup PF/C.  It would be interesting to say the least.

I really hope we aren't holding scholarship(s) for Borchardt.

2 hours ago, nustudent said:

I really hope we aren't holding scholarship(s) for Borchardt.

I agree. However, Miles has kept one scholarship open most, if not all, the time he has coached here. When available, one of the walk ons gets it.  It works to incentivize the walk ons, Miles gets some good press with the locals, and has the ability to pull the scholarship next year if/when a more talented kid comes along. 

On 6/3/2017 at 9:35 PM, khoock said:

Thomas Allen has been talked about being in the mix to start at the 2 by almost everyone on here...

Oops! I didn't even notice him mentioned in the thread. My bad! I wasn't being a smart a$$, just thought he got left out and I'm excited about him.