NCAA Tournament Thread

13 minutes ago, khoock said:

That was kind of my point. I think our only real chance of winning the regional was staying in the winners bracket (including beating OSU). We dont really have the pitching depth it takes to come out of the losers bracket and win, especially not when you consider the quality pitching depth that OSU has.

But anything can happen. 

Yep... teams that come out of the losers bracket usually have 1 solid thing.... BATS.

I feel even worse now.

Edited by hskr4life

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Ok so now we are probably going to have to beat Holy Cross, Yale, and then OSU twice.  

Do we not throw Jake and Burkamper today?  Either way we are going to have to start someone we didn't expect at some point. Why not have that some point be today?  If we have the "win the regional" mentality, I think we need to save Burk and Jake H now.

Exactly what we should have done but erstad not the most creative fella.  Getting asses kicked early with Burk anyway.  If trying to win tourney you certainly need to use the worst guy you are going to have to start against the worst team which is today.  Really stupid.  

Just now, royalfan said:

Stupid ass bunt destroys the inning.  Wtf is that analytic department we have doing? Obviously not analyzing bunts.  

I don't mind the bunt there because it get's someone in spring position.  We desperately needed a run that inning.  Since they only had 2, I am ok with a bunt there.