NCAA Tournament Thread

I think we are hovering on the line of 2-3 seed.  I do believe with series wins over Minnesota, Maryland, and Indiana that we are in a good position to receive a bid.  

I also believe that that there are few regionals we do not "have a chance."  Let's just say I'd rather go East than West if we cannot go North and South.

Going to Corvallis suggests to me that possibly we were the last to get a 2 seed.  I had the feeling when OSU popped up on the screen right away that we were going to be in that regional.  Hate playing teams that we already played in the non-conf.  Seems to happen every year we make the tourney.  Might be able to get a couple wins a/ teams not named OSU.  Dream bigger but I'm realistic. 

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Interesting that Holy Cross and Yale are cross country plane trips away. Kind of weird considering the NCAA tries to seed based on region. Also Yale and Holy Cross have played each other 6 times already this season (Yale 5-1). 

This was weird.  It seems like they tried to give OSU a little less toughness in their bracket.  

The Houston, Iowa, A&M, and Baylor regional should draw quite the crowds though and make up for any lost money in ours.

Corvallis Regionals:

June 2:

Game 1: 03:00 PM CDT: #2 Nebraska vs. #3 Yale (ESPNU)

Game 2: 10:00 PM CDT #1 Oregon State vs. #4 Holy Cross (ESPN3)

June 3:

Game 3: 03:00 PM CDT: Loser of Game 1 vs. Loser of Game 2 (ESPN3)

Game 4: 09:00 PM CDT: Winner of Game 1 vs. Winner of Game 2 (ESPN3)

June 4:

Game 5: 03:00 PM CDT: Winner of Game 3 vs. Loser of Game 4 (ESPN3)

Game 6: 09:00 PM CDT: Winner of Game 4 vs Winner of Game 5 (ESPN3)

June 5:

Game 7: 10:00 PM CDT: Winner of Game 4 vs Winner of Game 5 (ESPN3) (if Winner of Game 5 defeats Winner of Game 4 in Game 6)

2017 College World Series Teams by Conference:

Southeastern 8 (Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi St., Texas A&M, Vanderbilt)
Atlantic Coast 7 (Clemson, Florida St., Louisville, North Carolina, North Carolina St., Virginia, Wake Forest)
Big 12 7 (Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., TCU, Texas, Texas Tech, West Virginia)
Big Ten 5 (Indiana, Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Nebraska)
Pacific-12 4 (Arizona, Oregon St., Stanford, UCLA)
American Athletic 3 (Houston, South Fla., UCF)
Big East 2 [St. John’s (NY), Xavier]
Big West 2 (Cal St. Fullerton, Long Beach St.)
Conference USA 2 (Rice, Southern Miss.)
Missouri Valley 2 (DBU, Missouri St.)
Southland 2 (Sam Houston St., Southeastern La.)
America East 1 (UMBC)
Atlantic-10 1 (Davidson)
Atlantic Sun 1 (FGCU)
Big South 1 (Radford)
Colonial 1 (Delaware)
Horizon 1 (Ill.-Chicago)
Ivy 1 (Yale)
Metro Atlantic 1 (Marist)
Mid-American 1 (Ohio)
Mid-Eastern 1 (Bethune-Cookman)
Mountain West 1 (San Diego St.)
Northeast 1 (Central Conn. St.)
Ohio Valley 1 (Tennessee Tech)
Patriot 1 (Holy Cross)
Southern 1 (UNCG)
Southwestern 1 (Texas Southern)
Summit 1 (Oral Roberts)
Sun Belt 1 (South Ala.)
West Coast 1 (BYU)
Western Athletic 1 (Sacramento St.)

6 minutes ago, khoock said:

I would ideally like to see Burkamper on Thurs and Meyers on Fri.

Just not sure how they would handle Jake's outfield duties after pitching. They seem pretty set on not letting him make those throws from centerfield after he has pitched. Maybe throw Jake game two, go with Hagge, Scott and Luis in the OF and let Jake DH after pitching?

1 hour ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Just not sure how they would handle Jake's outfield duties after pitching. They seem pretty set on not letting him make those throws from centerfield after he has pitched. Maybe throw Jake game two, go with Hagge, Scott and Luis in the OF and let Jake DH after pitching?

All i know is our best pitcher better get a chance to pitch. Woukd hate to go 0-2 and Jake Meyers not even see the mound.

5 minutes ago, HB said:

Burkamper has been our best starting pitcher the past 3-4 weeks.  

Derek has pitched well. Although it's hard to ignore that Nebraska is 13-0-1 in the final game of a series this season; Jake typically has occupied that role for the Huskers. Both Jake & Derek have a 3.09 ERA this year, by the way. Jake is 8-1 while Derek is 6-5. Also, for the record, Hohensee is 7-3 but his ERA is 4.39.