Dads and Insiders

12dozen

I know at least a couple of player dads and other insiders visit these pages on occasion.  Since things are slow and new info is scarce, could you share any information regarding the team?  Do the players spend the summer in Lincoln?  Are there organized sessions? How is Burns rehab coming along?  How is the teams relationship with the coaching staff?  Are the players close? Will last years transfers fit in well? Can we expect an up tempo approach this year?  Does team conditioning reflect this? Are leaders developing on the team?  Obviously, tons of inside information that could be shared.  Thanks in advance for any news.  Fans need their fixes.

Edited by 12dozen

this is mostly a good idea, 12Doz, but i would discourage info sharing about players' relationship with coaching staff. I see a lot of ways that such discussion can go rapid fall south and not many, none really, that it could be much help.  Even if someone says "it's great, great, great, never been better", there might be minority soul or two who would dispute that and start wondering who is spreading sunshine.  This is just a suggestion - i dont claim to be anything close to wise..., i just thought that i had seen a weakening of the lock on ol Pandy's box. 

45 minutes ago, Tom Jones said:

this is mostly a good idea, 12Doz, but i would discourage info sharing about players' relationship with coaching staff. I see a lot of ways that such discussion can go rapid fall south and not many, none really, that it could be much help.  Even if someone says "it's great, great, great, never been better", there might be minority soul or two who would dispute that and start wondering who is spreading sunshine.  This is just a suggestion - i dont claim to be anything close to wise..., i just thought that i had seen a weakening of the lock on ol Pandy's box. 

Agree.  Don't want to open Pandora's Box.  I leave it up to those in the know, to use their better discretion.

I know at least a couple of player dads and other insiders visit these pages on occasion.  Since things are slow and new info is scarce, could you share any information regarding the team?  Do the players spend the summer in Lincoln?  Are there organized sessions? How is Burns rehab coming along?  How is the teams relationship with the coaching staff?  Are the players close? Will last years transfers fit in well? Can we expect an up tempo approach this year?  Does team conditioning reflect this? Are leaders developing on the team?  Obviously, tons of inside information that could be shared.  Thanks in advance for any news.  Fans need their fixes.

The players are due back on campus on June 1st but they don't start workouts until June 12th. I think that this upcoming team would have to be a Golden State Warriors team where they just run and gun. We need that Draymond type of player which I think Maddie can be that if she settles down. We saw signs of that towards the last couple of games.
I think that the transfers will help but will it be enough? One transfer is putting in work this off season. I know she should be ready. Her trainer says that she's got that bounce. I hear that it's hard to find a big.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On 5/27/2017 at 11:36 AM, Tom Jones said:

this is mostly a good idea, 12Doz, but i would discourage info sharing about players' relationship with coaching staff.

Just a comment to keep in mind this is a publicly viewable board and members of the staff/adminstration do view it as well as fans and sometimes players/parents/etc.

51 minutes ago, Actualfacts1 said:

I haven't checked messages in a free days so I missed this one! But 12dozen I can probably answer a few of your questions seeing as Nicea just went back to Lincoln on Tuesday after being home for 2 weeks. Like Proudparent said, the girls were due back yesterday. I know Nicea is helping with bball camp that starts today thru the weekend. And is also taking a summer class. She's excited bc she just moved into her campus apartment - which is very nice btw! She said all the girls actually get along really well. She tends to hangout (more) with Grace, Maddie & Hannah. Though they're not required to play, Nicea said alot of they play against each other almost daily at Hendricks or they team up and run the court over at the rec center lol ... She said the 2 transfer girls, Bria and Janay are very good. Bria is very quick and gets to basket and passes really well; and Janay is a great shooter. Son for anyone upset over RCJ transferring need not worry lol.. relationships with coaches seem to be good. The girls are still required to meet with their assigned coach once a week to talk about bball, classes, concerns, life, etc. Personally I hope they up their conditioning and move towards being an uptempo type of team. Because we're obviously going to be guard- heavy. Hope this helps a little bit!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Thank You for sharing.

Actualfacts1, I think I speak quite possibly for every member associated with this women's forum when I say having you give us some insight no matter how much or little you divulge is some of the best information on this forum. I myself would much rather read what you put on this forum than what the local media provides. I encourage you to keep writing your views in our little corner of the web but don't write things that could possibly get you in some sort of hot water. 

I appreciate everybody in this forum, and really love the support you all have for the girls. Of course I always watch what I say bc I do realize that potentially Nicea would be the one who'd have to answer for it. But I do enjoy sharing alot of the information, etc that you guys normally don't get to hear about. Again thank you!

On 6/3/2017 at 9:50 AM, Actualfacts1 said:

I appreciate everybody in this forum, and really love the support you all have for the girls. Of course I always watch what I say bc I do realize that potentially Nicea would be the one who'd have to answer for it. But I do enjoy sharing alot of the information, etc that you guys normally don't get to hear about. Again thank you!

We love your kid.  She represents everything we love about our Husker women: works hard; great attitude; selfless player.  We wish her all success.

2 minutes ago, HUD said:

I just have to believe that if coach didn't think Rachel B. would be able to play this year she would have definitely added another post.

She should have added one anyway.   It was never obvious that Rachel would recover fully from her knee problems.  She has been behind the rehab timetable from the get-go.   Even if her knee came around, she still doesn't have a lot of experience at this level to be the mainstay in the post.  Washington isn't a player at this level, and the others are tweeners at best.   Mind-boggling that we didn't recruit a post player under that scenario.   Anyway, my guess is Rachel will play, but the question will be at what level of effectiveness and athleticism.    Hopefully  not a Kendall Clark situation.    

On 6/5/2017 at 9:07 PM, HB said:

She should have added one anyway.   It was never obvious that Rachel would recover fully from her knee problems.  She has been behind the rehab timetable from the get-go.   Even if her knee came around, she still doesn't have a lot of experience at this level to be the mainstay in the post.  Washington isn't a player at this level, and the others are tweeners at best.   Mind-boggling that we didn't recruit a post player under that scenario.   Anyway, my guess is Rachel will play, but the question will be at what level of effectiveness and athleticism.    Hopefully  not a Kendall Clark situation.    

Are you saying that we didn't even try to get a post player?

1 hour ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Are you saying that we didn't even try to get a post player?

No.  Could have said "didn't sign" a post player vs. "didn't' recruit".   Not sure how big the effort was vs. just not getting it done.   Anyway, that ship hasn't completely sailed.   We have an iron in the fire so to speak for a big who would be eligible in next season.   Hope we can get something done. 

25 minutes ago, HB said:

No.  Could have said "didn't sign" a post player vs. "didn't' recruit".   Not sure how big the effort was vs. just not getting it done.   Anyway, that ship hasn't completely sailed.   We have an iron in the fire so to speak for a big who would be eligible in next season.   Hope we can get something done. 

okay thanks

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/7/2017 at 10:12 AM, HB said:

Sounds like that "iron" is really in the fire....?