B1G Baseball Tournament Talk

Home Runs in the Big Ten Tourney (after Saturday's games):

Iowa: 3 / 1 / 1 / 3 / ? = 8
Maryland: 3 / 0 / 1 / 3 / ? + ? = 7
Minnesota: 1 / 3 / 1 / 0 / 1 = 6 (eliminated)
Indiana: 1 / 1 / 2 = 4 (eliminated)
Nebraska: 2 / 0 / 2 = 4 (eliminated)
Northwestern: 2 / 1 / 1 / ? + ? = 4
Purdue: 0 / 2 = 2 (eliminated)
Michigan: 1 / 0 = 1 (eliminated)

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Minny, Nebraska, Michigan, Maryland and Indiana - deepest the B1G has been in awhile. And we have a NW - Iowa title game. Baseball is a funny sport. 

The ACC has an interesting format where you have to win your 3-team pool before advancing. Seems like an interesting way to try to determine who the better teams are rather than which teams had bats on any given night.

The ACC has an interesting format where you have to win your 3-team pool before advancing. Seems like an interesting way to try to determine who the better teams are rather than which teams had bats on any given night.

Probably a way to do it. Make it a three game series so to speak.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, khoock said:

Will Iowa-NW auto bid mean the Big Ten gets 5 teams get in or will two of the five ( Neb, Mary, UI, Minn, Mich ) get left out instead of just one of them? 

In: Iowa/NW, Nebraska, Maryland and Michigan

Bubble Out: Indiana (Finished 6th in conf and 1-2 in tournament)

Out: Minnesota (RPI 67)

Just my 2 cents

10 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

In: Iowa/NW, Nebraska, Maryland and Michigan

Bubble Out: Indiana (Finished 6th in conf and 1-2 in tournament)

Out: Minnesota (RPI 67)

Just my 2 cents

I think your right on who's out. Minny was never in the projected 64 that I had seen. But could Indiana get in with the RPI they have. but there have also been some upsets in other tournament games around the country.

3 hours ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Probably a way to do it. Make it a three game series so to speak.

The Big 12 went to that format for a few years.  I want to say it started in 2006.  I am not a fan of it.  I like the double elimination format.  It shows how deep your pitching staff has to be to survive.

The Big 12 went to that format for a few years.  I want to say it started in 2006.  I am not a fan of it.  I like the double elimination format.  It shows how deep your pitching staff has to be to survive.

Wouldn't it effect your staff the same?

1 minute ago, Bugeaters1 said:

Wouldn't it effect your staff the same?

It depends on if you can win the first 2 games in double elimination.  Look at our double elimination.  We have our 3 starters lined up (Hohensee, Burkamper, and Meyers).  Let's say Meyers is healthy and we beat Maryland.  We face Northwestern with Frazier.  We win that game, we face a decision.  Hohensee on 2 days rest, Waldron after going 2 innings against Iowa.  

Whereas the pool play is your top 3, and if you make the championship game, you face the decision.  

Plus, I feel it helps us prepare for the regional.

It depends on if you can win the first 2 games in double elimination.  Look at our double elimination.  We have our 3 starters lined up (Hohensee, Burkamper, and Meyers).  Let's say Meyers is healthy and we beat Maryland.  We face Northwestern with Frazier.  We win that game, we face a decision.  Hohensee on 2 days rest, Waldron after going 2 innings against Iowa.  

Whereas the pool play is your top 3, and if you make the championship game, you face the decision.  

Plus, I feel it helps us prepare for the regional.

Good points.