B1G Baseball Tournament Talk

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

To many strikeouts tonight to be productive.  Ugly loss to a good team.

It was going to be a monumental task, starting a pitcher who didn't even pitch in the conference, and then he only lasts 1 1/3 innings to make matters worse.  I think we have a chance with Meyers. 

1 minute ago, brfrad said:

It was going to be a monumental task, starting a pitcher who didn't even pitch in the conference, and then he only lasts 1 1/3 innings to make matters worse.  I think we have a chance with Meyers. 

"Fate" wasn't exactly our friend in this tournament.  My hope going into the tourney was to win at least two games and "show our mettle" as the conf. champ a bit.  Sadly, mission not accomplished.  :( :angry:

Home Runs in the Big Ten Tourney (after 10 games):

Minnesota: 1 / 3 / 1 = 5

Indiana: 1 / 1 / 2 = 4 (eliminated)

Iowa: 3 / 1 = 4

Maryland: 3 / 0 / 1 = 4
Nebraska: 2 / 0 / 2 = 4 (eliminated)

Northwestern: 2 / 1 = 3
Purdue: 2 / 0 = 2 (eliminated)
Michigan: 1 / 0 = 1 (eliminated)

We need to continue to recruit and raise the level of talent.  Hopefully a conf. championship and a coach voted "coach of the year" are bargaining chips we can use.  Need to find a couple of power hitters who can hit it out and clean the bases every once in a while.  A little more speed on the bases would be nice, too.  Just wishing as I type here.

26 minutes ago, brfrad said:

At least we don't look like morons in the dugout.  I understand having fun, but you don't have to make yourself look like idiots.  (Again, my old man get off my lawn)

There is some middle ground. But having fun = loose, which is good. We have a runner on and suddenly its a 3-3 game in the 9th inning of the World Series and our guys can't do shit, especially in the B1G tournament and regionals. Oddly enough, our head coach delivered in crunch time of a World Series.

8 hours ago, brfrad said:

Agree Meyers gives us a chance.  However, 15 or 16 strike outs means 15 or 16 times no one has to make a play, no one advances with a ground out or a sac fly.  IF our coaches don't spend a lot of time over the next day talking about hitting approach (i.e., shortening your swing with two strkes, going with a pitch) they are not doing their jobs.