B1G Baseball Tournament Talk

3 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

To be fair, other power conference tournaments have struggled with the weather was well. But not to the extreme that the Big Ten has. The ACC was able to catch up quickly by playing their games on two different fields. Something has to be done about this scheduling in the future if we end up with the potential of 5+ games on Saturday.

SEC starts earlier 9:30 AM local - and has no issues with a game finishing at 2 AM local time (see Florida v Auburn Wednesday). It's not ideal but you gotta do what you gotta do to fit games in. That's what bothers me I guess, its an easy fix.

Northwestern defeats Minnesota 11-7. Both teams nearly fielded a team with only pitchers: Northwestern utilizing 6 and Minnesota utilizing 5. 3 home runs for Minnesota and 1 for Northwestern.

Minnesota will now play Indiana in an elimination game today at 4:00 CDT (allegedly).

Now onto Nebraska! Finally!

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Raburn starting over Roskam.....interesting choice. I know Roskam has been struggling at the dish but still hitting 100 points higher than Raburn.

Iowa must be starting a lefty.  

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Our 3 and 4 hitters strike out with a guy on 3rd.....Just put it in play fellas.

Still, one of my biggest pet peeves.  Schreiber was swinging for the fences on that 3rd strike.  Shorten up and put the ball in play.  Too many players today don't shorten up.