B1G Baseball Tournament Talk

5 hours ago, HuskerFever said:
Complete speculation, but I've got a feeling that the 7:30 CDT Minnesota/Northwestern game will get postponed until Friday.

If that were the case, you'd likely see a four game schedule for Friday:
1. Minn vs. NW
2. Minn/NW vs. Indiana
3. Neb vs. Mary/Iowa
4. Neb/Mary/Iowa vs. Purdue

And a lot of pitching used up.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Edited by Bugeaters1

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Minnesota is making a pitching change in B2 with 1 out. Something to keep an eye on as the loser of Minn/NW and Neb/Iowa will both have a double header today.

...and then two wild pitches by Minnesota leads to another run.

Northwestern 4 - Minnesota 2, still in the bottom of the 2nd.

Playing in a bandbox.  Favors Iowa.   They are a power team; we are more Punch and Judy.  Routine fly balls are flying out of there.  May have some games in the 20s before this is over.  They should never have the tournament in Bloomington again.  

3 minutes ago, HB said:

Playing in a bandbox.  Favors Iowa.   They are a power team; we are more Punch and Judy.  Routine fly balls are flying out of there.  May have some games in the 20s before this is over.  They should never have the tournament in Bloomington again.  

19 home runs in 7 games so far (2.71 home runs per game)

29 minutes ago, HB said:

Not to mention whoever is running this thing has no idea how to manage time. We're already going to be 40 minutes behind for our game and I highly doubt they fit 4 games in today - for the 3rd time in 3 days.

11 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Not to mention whoever is running this thing has no idea how to manage time. We're already going to be 40 minutes behind for our game and I highly doubt they fit 4 games in today - for the 3rd time in 3 days.

To be fair, other power conference tournaments have struggled with the weather was well. But not to the extreme that the Big Ten has. The ACC was able to catch up quickly by playing their games on two different fields. Something has to be done about this scheduling in the future if we end up with the potential of 5+ games on Saturday.