B1G Baseball Tournament Talk

Out of the two scenarios which would you guys prefer:

-Sweeping Penn State but missing out on the Regular Season Championship

OR

-Dropping a game or two but having all the other results go our way and winning the Regular Season Championship

31 minutes ago, khoock said:

OR

-Dropping a game or two but having all the other results go our way and winning the Regular Season Championship

That one by far... because I would consider us Champions and wouldn't be upset because we did everything we could do and just got screwed.

The second one would be meh because sure we would win, but I would rather have the easier regional.

1 hour ago, khoock said:

OR

This one gets you a banner.

In order to host as a 2 seed wouldnt we need to be put in a regional with a team that has an absolutely crappy home field or is under construction? I dont see it happening with the current regional host projections.

Other than that i see no reason for taking away the privelege of hosting from a team that earned it over us.

17 minutes ago, khoock said:

In order to host as a 2 seed wouldnt we need to be put in a regional with a team that has an absolutely crappy home field or is under construction? I dont see it happening with the current regional host projections.

Other than that i see no reason for taking away the privelege of hosting from a team that earned it over us.

Teams these days get real creative on hosting. They find suitable fields near their school that work. Kendall Rogers from D1 baseball basically said 2 seed hosts are a thing of the past. 

I like our pitching rotation.  Although Hohensee is struggling, Burkamper and Myers are coming in pitching well.  Burkamper is 4 - 0 with an 0.75 ERA in his last 4 starts. (probably would have chose him over Jake for 3rd team honors)  Losing Toletson (sp), Eddins, and Curry might hurt.  Pitching and defense will be vital for this team to advance very far. 

32 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Always nice to see the host go down - Don't want to have a home field advantage decide the tournament later on. 

Although, Minnesota is a team you don't want to have to go up against any time soon either. We'll see, but Minnesota/Michigan would be a fun game to watch.