Are you job hunting???

This looks like it would be a pretty cool gig!  It is posted on Indeed and other similar sites :)

Director of Men's Basketball Operations

University of Nebraska - Lincoln, NE

Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required. Pre-Placement Driving Record Review Required. Bachelor’s degree plus five years of athletic administration...

May 12

This looks like it would be a pretty cool gig!  It is posted on Indeed and other similar sites

Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) required. Pre-Placement Driving Record Review Required. Bachelor’s degree plus five years of athletic administration...

May 12

Why would you need a CDL for this job? Is it for the drug tests?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

CDL would be required to drive a truck over 26,000 pounds or a bus, not fork lifts.  Not sure why it would be required.

I know about the requirements as I have a CDL. was just curious why that position would require one.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, huskercwg said:

This looks like it would be a pretty cool gig!  It is posted on Indeed and other similar sites :)

May 12

Where are ya kidney?

On 5/13/2017 at 8:52 PM, Donkey said:

CDL is probably needed to operate small machinery such as forklifts. I don't know for sure but this position is responsible for ensuring the equipment gets transported to away games. 

No, ops positions don't drive fork lifts and they're definitely not responsible for the transportation of equipment on the road (which a forklift isn't needed for, either). 

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Maybe the guy they want already has one and so they are trying to limit the field to just him. 

I know of a number of positions where the employer requires employees to have a CDL to operating small equipment such as forklifts.  It may not be legally required; however, it keeps insurance rates down and ensures employees have sufficient training to operate the machinery.

On 5/15/2017 at 2:05 PM, hhcdimes said:

If you're finding out about this job opening on here, you're not getting the job ;)

It's fun though that these jobs that the U has to list as available now show up on Indeed and other such aggregates 

A buddy of mine sends me about everything that Hoop Dirt posts. Any job he see he sends it to me... Ive had to be quite frank with him - in the coaching world - you don't apply for anything. If you are filling out the app before you've been contacted, you are wasting your time. You get contacted because of who you know, etc... and then you fill out the app because they have already decided they are going to hire you or a couple others. 

38 minutes ago, basketballjones said:

A buddy of mine sends me about everything that Hoop Dirt posts. Any job he see he sends it to me... Ive had to be quite frank with him - in the coaching world - you don't apply for anything. If you are filling out the app before you've been contacted, you are wasting your time. You get contacted because of who you know, etc... and then you fill out the app because they have already decided they are going to hire you or a couple others. 

Well there goes my first two weeks at SCC trying to get my CDL,  If I drop this class do I get a full refund?:mellow:

6 minutes ago, Silverbacked1 said:

Well there goes my first two weeks at SCC trying to get my CDL,  If I drop this class do I get a full refund?:mellow:

It's still a valuable skill - as the markets plummet with 24/7 Trump News and the natural correction is was probably going to make anyways - you might need other job outlets.