Something that should be brought up more

On 5/11/2017 at 9:58 AM, HuskerFever said:

Here's a visual of the data (note that "2004" means the "2004-2005" season):

w+H8dA5DyssNQAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

As a former student tutor at the Hewitt Academic Center in what would've been the 2005-2006, I'm not surprised to see this was the start of the APR dark ages.  During my initial orientation, I was actually told that certain members of the mens basketball team were problem children.  I remember telling my trainer that I was actually a big fan of the team and that I hoped I could help to turn that around (:rolleyes:).  He told me to need not worry because I most likely wouldn't have any Nebrasketballers.  The way the system was organized, tutors would only work with student athletes that were taking the same course numbers and my major didn't really include any courses that were frequented by student athletes.  I think this was a big flaw in the system...basically suggests that someone with a higher level understanding of a subject isn't capable of teaching to a more remedial level?

Also, for once in my life my gender may have also limited me.  After each meeting, the student tutor and student athlete would provide feedback on how things went.  Apparently a lot of the members of the mens basketball team would downgrade their male tutors until getting a female tutor:lol:

2 hours ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

Also, for once in my life my gender may have also limited me.  After each meeting, the student tutor and student athlete would provide feedback on how things went.  Apparently a lot of the members of the mens basketball team would downgrade their male tutors until getting a female tutor:lol:

I've heard some of those female tutors went above and beyond teaching basketball players about anatomy late at night in Lincoln parks.