Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
huskercwg

The Isaac Copeland watch

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ConkintheCorner said:

month and a half later and still nothing on this...............

 

Yeah, if we had a better coach it would have been taken care of already.  Miles totally dropped the ball here huh?

 

I wonder why he isn't even trying to get Cope's eligibility restored???  So frustrating!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 49r said:

 

Yeah, if we had a better coach it would have been taken care of already.  Miles totally dropped the ball here huh?

 

I wonder why he isn't even trying to get Cope's eligibility restored???  So frustrating!

????

 

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or what.  Not blaming Miles just thought we would have a ruling by now from NCAA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

????

 

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or what.  Not blaming Miles just thought we would have a ruling by now from NCAA

Yep, having Cope for game 1 would be big for us. This is a huge season for Nebrasketball as it will probably determine who will be coaching this team in 2018. It sucks that (probably) one of our top 3 contributors is still a question mark to play for half the season, when we are 40 days from fall semester starting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Yep, having Cope for game 1 would be big for us. This is a huge season for Nebrasketball as it will probably determine who will be coaching this team in 2018. It sucks that (probably) one of our top 3 contributors is still a question mark to play for half the season, when we are 40 days from fall semester starting.

Agreed.   I think Miles job will ride on it. 

With  Copeland immediately eligibile, I think we can be at worst, an NIT team.   And I think that is a must.   

Without Copeland...I can see an extra 2-3 non-con losses and which will change that and the outlook of the program.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

????

 

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or what.  Not blaming Miles just thought we would have a ruling by now from NCAA

 

Totally being sarcastic.  But I have all the faith in the world the coaches and administrators are doing everything they possibly can go get this situation resolved as soon as they can.  Especially since jobs are probably riding (at least partially) on the outcome of this decision.

 

But that's the NCAA for you.  They will do everything in their power to make everything they do be as painful and mind-numblingly frustrating as they can.  They tend to make Andrew White III recruiting process look childishly impulsive by comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has the appeal been submitted? Last i rememeber, it was said on here that we havent even submitted the paperwork. If true, that is troubling bc of how quickly the season is approaching and how long the NCAA can take.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, khoock said:

Has the appeal been submitted? Last i rememeber, it was said on here that we havent even submitted the paperwork. If true, that is troubling bc of how quickly the season is approaching and how long the NCAA can take.

Is there a deadline to appeal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Is there a deadline to appeal?

I have no idea. I just know the NCAA isnt always speedy so i feel like the earlier we get it in the better. Hopefully they are just building a bullet proof case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

month and a half later and still nothing on this...............

Sort of getting a tad frustrating...no let me rephrase that, I am very frustrated waiting on word.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, khoock said:

Seriously. Can anyone clarify this for me, are we just waiting on the NCAAs response to the appeal or are we still waiting on the admin and staff to file the appeal???

Chris Bassnet tweeted on end of May,  that we were still finalizing our request and I don't think anything has been said since. A quick online search from years past showed that NCAA was making decisions on medical redshirts between April and Late July - I would think Cope's decision would fall into that timeline.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Sounds promising . . . just takes time.

I don't get where you see the promising part. So they don't have all the correct paperwork signed and in place to even submit the appeal. That's what Robin says, that the appeal will eventually be submitted. Has it been stated anywhere that this is pretty much a slam dunk that once submitted he will be granted the full year? Or once submitted then everyone begins the process of sweating it out until the NCAA comes down with their ruling? Because if that's the case, we haven't really fared well in the past with NCAA rulings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More than a little disappointed that we have not gotten the paperwork submitted.  Understand there was some unexpected stuff but this has been dragging a long (snails pace at best) by our folks far to long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Please don't be a Robert Sallie all over again.

 

I think we're free and clear on any Roburt Sallie situations.  He's a Husker.  Barring the unexpected injury or something weird, he will suit up and play for the Huskers this season.  It's just a question of which game will be his first game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

klgumby makes this excellent observation over on Red Sea Scrolls:

 

"Nebraska has done everything they have needed to do the minute they need to do it. They have to rely on Georgetown, all doctors, and the NCAA to be timely here and 2 of those 3 aren't exactly known for being timely."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2017 at 10:17 AM, Swan88 said:

klgumby makes this excellent observation over on Red Sea Scrolls:

 

"Nebraska has done everything they have needed to do the minute they need to do it. They have to rely on Georgetown, all doctors, and the NCAA to be timely here and 2 of those 3 aren't exactly known for being timely."

Regardless - I still don't get it. It's not like the information is subjective or hidden. It's all factual, available stuff. Make the decision. Call the schools compliance offices. Get the info. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

What if Georgetown (or someone else) won't give the information--maybe just to be ornery or to give a departed student a hard time? 

Surely the NCAA in all their wisdom (I mean they handle the Crouch Ham Sandwich scandal promptly!) has a protocol in place for just this kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's probably not just a matter of building a case; it well may also be a matter of taking some time to decide which case to build.

 

You don't want to go down Path A so far that it would be impossible for you to claim with a straight face that you'd always meant to be on Path B.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×