Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
huskercwg

The Isaac Copeland watch

Recommended Posts

Ran across this article and thought I would start this thread as a time clock to hearing about Isaac's eligibility question.  Looks like Ben Carter from MSU just received good news.  I would like the good news to keep flowing.

 

https://www.usabreakingnews.net/2017/05/isaac-copelands-eligibility-appeal-still-undetermined-while-huskers-fill-out-roster-personnel-positions/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Hmmm.... who knows what the NCAA will do!

Which is why I can't buy into the hype train and the poo poo-ing of Ed and Jacobson's departure.

 

Copeland is an NBA level talent...but we are depending on his health and the NCAA to grant the exception otherwise we are in a lot of trouble in the non-con.   And when was the last time Husker hoops caught a break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, huskercwg said:

Ran across this article and thought I would start this thread as a time clock to hearing about Isaac's eligibility question.  Looks like Ben Carter from MSU just received good news.  I would like the good news to keep flowing.

 

https://www.usabreakingnews.net/2017/05/isaac-copelands-eligibility-appeal-still-undetermined-while-huskers-fill-out-roster-personnel-positions/

Looks like this is just a copy of Lee Barfknecht's article which appeared in today's World Herald.

 

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/isaac-copeland-s-eligibility-appeal-still-undetermined-while-huskers-fill/article_2b2bd19e-343f-11e7-8f20-a33f183a4e9f.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dustystehl said:

Wait...Omaha has a newspaper? 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, nustudent said:

Which is why I can't buy into the hype train and the poo poo-ing of Ed and Jacobson's departure.

 

Copeland is an NBA level talent...but we are depending on his health and the NCAA to grant the exception otherwise we are in a lot of trouble in the non-con.   And when was the last time Husker hoops caught a break.

 

Didnt we just sign a kid over KU?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nustudent said:

Which is why I can't buy into the hype train and the poo poo-ing of Ed and Jacobson's departure.

 

Copeland is an NBA level talent...but we are depending on his health and the NCAA to grant the exception otherwise we are in a lot of trouble in the non-con.   And when was the last time Husker hoops caught a break.

 

Maybe our luck will finally change

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jugular said:

 

Didnt we just sign a kid over KU?

 

I guess I don't view that as much of a break.   We did a great job recruiting him over a long period of time and built the relationship with him.   By break, I mean relying on something we can't really control....we controlled how we recruited him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, nustudent said:

 

I guess I don't view that as much of a break.   We did a great job recruiting him over a long period of time and built the relationship with him.   By break, I mean relying on something we can't really control....we controlled how we recruited him.

 

We didn't have any control over his decision though.  If this isn't a "break" than would losing Hans or any other recruit be a "bad break?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

 

We didn't have any control over his decision though.  If this isn't a "break" than would losing Hans or any other recruit be a "bad break?"

 

I guess I don't view recruiting outcomes (ours, or other teams) as breaks...for better or for worse.

 

You can't control the decision, but you can control the effort, actions and approach leading to the decision.

Edited by nustudent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jugular said:

 

Didnt we just sign a kid over KU?

 

I think he was either at home or at school when he signed the LOI.  I do have it on good authority that SE has allocated money for drones to permeate the skies over Lawrence.

Edited by cipsucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nustudent said:

 

I guess I don't view recruiting outcomes (ours, or other teams) as breaks...for better or for worse.

 

You can't control the decision, but you can control the effort, actions and approach leading to the decision.

 

Makes sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An update thanks to the Lincoln Journal Star.  A few of the highlights:

*  Still have not filed the paperwork on Copeland....WHAT???  They want to make sure it is done right.

*  There is an inference that there are no academic issues...if you read between the lines.

*  Happy with current roster, but door is still open

*  APR is the best it has been since this staff arrived

*  Nothing set on schedule and nothing new on staff.

 

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/miles-happy-with-roster-as-husker-basketball-enjoys-quiet-period/article_9e1e1349-20a0-5875-ac06-8dc3269a7ce5.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

I really don't trust a damn soul in the Administrative Department to get anything done.  This should have been filed a long long time ago.

 

Hard to get to details like this when you're busy saving the whales and preserving the rain forests.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given admin's atrocious history with filing paperwork correctly, I have zero problem with ultimate caution in this case.  There is plenty of time before the season starts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×