The Isaac Copeland watch

38 minutes ago, 49r said:

Yeah, if we had a better coach it would have been taken care of already.  Miles totally dropped the ball here huh?

I wonder why he isn't even trying to get Cope's eligibility restored???  So frustrating!

????

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or what.  Not blaming Miles just thought we would have a ruling by now from NCAA

5 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

????

Not sure if you are being sarcastic or what.  Not blaming Miles just thought we would have a ruling by now from NCAA

Yep, having Cope for game 1 would be big for us. This is a huge season for Nebrasketball as it will probably determine who will be coaching this team in 2018. It sucks that (probably) one of our top 3 contributors is still a question mark to play for half the season, when we are 40 days from fall semester starting.

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

Yep, having Cope for game 1 would be big for us. This is a huge season for Nebrasketball as it will probably determine who will be coaching this team in 2018. It sucks that (probably) one of our top 3 contributors is still a question mark to play for half the season, when we are 40 days from fall semester starting.

Agreed.   I think Miles job will ride on it. 

With  Copeland immediately eligibile, I think we can be at worst, an NIT team.   And I think that is a must.   

Without Copeland...I can see an extra 2-3 non-con losses and which will change that and the outlook of the program.

2 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

????

Totally being sarcastic.  But I have all the faith in the world the coaches and administrators are doing everything they possibly can go get this situation resolved as soon as they can.  Especially since jobs are probably riding (at least partially) on the outcome of this decision.

But that's the NCAA for you.  They will do everything in their power to make everything they do be as painful and mind-numblingly frustrating as they can.  They tend to make Andrew White III recruiting process look childishly impulsive by comparison.

51 minutes ago, khoock said:

Seriously. Can anyone clarify this for me, are we just waiting on the NCAAs response to the appeal or are we still waiting on the admin and staff to file the appeal???

Chris Bassnet tweeted on end of May,  that we were still finalizing our request and I don't think anything has been said since. A quick online search from years past showed that NCAA was making decisions on medical redshirts between April and Late July - I would think Cope's decision would fall into that timeline.

5 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

Sounds promising . . . just takes time.

I don't get where you see the promising part. So they don't have all the correct paperwork signed and in place to even submit the appeal. That's what Robin says, that the appeal will eventually be submitted. Has it been stated anywhere that this is pretty much a slam dunk that once submitted he will be granted the full year? Or once submitted then everyone begins the process of sweating it out until the NCAA comes down with their ruling? Because if that's the case, we haven't really fared well in the past with NCAA rulings.

44 minutes ago, aphilso1 said:

Please don't be a Robert Sallie all over again.

I think we're free and clear on any Roburt Sallie situations.  He's a Husker.  Barring the unexpected injury or something weird, he will suit up and play for the Huskers this season.  It's just a question of which game will be his first game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2017 at 10:17 AM, Swan88 said:

klgumby makes this excellent observation over on Red Sea Scrolls:

"Nebraska has done everything they have needed to do the minute they need to do it. They have to rely on Georgetown, all doctors, and the NCAA to be timely here and 2 of those 3 aren't exactly known for being timely."

Regardless - I still don't get it. It's not like the information is subjective or hidden. It's all factual, available stuff. Make the decision. Call the schools compliance offices. Get the info. 

9 minutes ago, Swan88 said:

What if Georgetown (or someone else) won't give the information--maybe just to be ornery or to give a departed student a hard time? 

Surely the NCAA in all their wisdom (I mean they handle the Crouch Ham Sandwich scandal promptly!) has a protocol in place for just this kind of thing.