LOOKING FORWARD

HUD

The future of our WBB program is in our Sophomore class this fall with at least four starters coming from that group.  The best part of this is we will have that nucleus for 3 years.  We need to find a stretch 4 that can shoot from the outside from Maddie, Grace or Taylor that can be the other starter.  We then need to develop depth around this group and all stay healthy.  

We still have room for several more commits as we have 4 open scholarships for this fall and with the 3 commits so far for 2018 we have 4 open for 2018 as well.

The obvious...there will continue to be lots of changes going forward, and it won't be long  before all of Connie's recruits will be gone.

I had hoped to see more 2017 bodies added, but not yet apparently. We have a pretty good nucleus here for 2017. We'll see how Coach Amy's philosophy gets intertwined with the team play next season. Imagine it will change quite a bit with the personnel we'll have for 2017

Got a nice class for 2018 it appears,but we all know how they look in HS,...but later... compare to the college game. Again...hoping for some recruit surprises going forward. Are the "new" staff good teachers?

Edited by redsteve

• 2 weeks later...

I see where we finally updated our WBB roster found on Huskers .com for 2017/2018.  I was getting tired of looking at the outdated one.  Of the 11 players shown only two are listed as forwards with 2 more listed as guard/forwards.  Should be interesting.

Does anyone know if the coach will be on the sports nightly show tomorrow night?  I'd like to call in with a couple of questions.

Also very noticeable is we only have 11 on the roster. Room for 4 more right now potentially. Had hoped we could have found a post or two transferring.. or from where ever we could find them. Post's seem to be few and far between.

No post per shown on the roster. Burns is shown as a forward. The roster shows Taylor K. and Grace combo guard/forward. It's not necessarily all that important what their shown as on the roster anyway I suppose.

We will have more space next year even bringing in 4 newbies. Still a ton of building to do. We look like there will be a couple of classes in the future where we lose 4 or 5 at a time...not idea on a 15 member squad. 

Really hope we keep the roster filled...but that's asking a lot these days at post schools.