Hello? It's too quiet in here

• hhcmatt changed the title to Hello? It's too quiet in here
1 hour ago, imnothipp said:

we need another transfer to liven things up

41 minutes ago, Jugular said:

Patience

I'm not sure that's the best option. Yes, Dougan Patience still has 3 years of eligibility, but he only played one year at Sonoma State University in 2011-2012 and finished with 8 points in 8 games.

Next.

Let's be honest:  Thomas Allen took a lot of heat off this off-season.  After the defections of Morrow and Jacobson, it would have been noisier around here and not in a good way,  but for that commit.  After that, we can look at Duby Okeke in an entirely different light.  Seriously.  Without the Allen commit, Okeke would have seemed an unsatisfying replacement for Morrow/Jacobson.  But when you have a team that appeared to be loaded with bigs and really needed another guard, the swap of Jacobson/Morrow for Allen/Okeke seems a far better deal.  Which allows us to relax a lot more than we would have if Thomas Allen had chosen to go somewhere else.

So, yes, quiet.  But quiet in a good way.

On 5/8/2017 at 1:24 PM, huskercwg said:

Some guy came up to me today and indicated we were recruiting a European player for this upcoming class.  But when I asked him his source, he wouldn't provide it.  So there is an unsubstantiated rumor to mull around.

A little over a week ago, I heard about a "silent commit" from some unknown JUCO out of San Francisco.  The only other information I could get out of my guy was that this kid was white and a shooter.  Maybe our unsubstantiated rumors morphed from the same place.

21 minutes ago, Donkey said:

A little over a week ago, I heard about a "silent commit" from some unknown JUCO out of San Francisco.  The only other information I could get out of my guy was that this kid was white and a shooter.  Maybe our unsubstantiated rumors morphed from the same place.

What would the reason of being a silent commit at this point be?  Not questioning you, just a question in general. 

16 hours ago, Donkey said:

Let's hope he's "silent but deadly."