Hello? It's too quiet in here

19 hours ago, Donkey said:

A little over a week ago, I heard about a "silent commit" from some unknown JUCO out of San Francisco.  The only other information I could get out of my guy was that this kid was white and a shooter.  Maybe our unsubstantiated rumors morphed from the same place.

Guess-Who-2.jpg

Does he wear glasses?

On a more serious note, Zach Copeland, the well-known JUCO transfer who signed with Illinois St, was out of San Francisco. Perhaps we saw someone on the game film when scouting him.

Got back from a week of vacation on Saturday and saw I didn't miss anything.  Three days later and still nada, zilch, nuthin'.  If this trend continues, I may have to find an additional soul-crushing team to follow just to have something to do.

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

Got back from a week of vacation on Saturday and saw I didn't miss anything.  Three days later and still nada, zilch, nuthin'.  If this trend continues, I may have to find an additional soul-crushing team to follow just to have something to do.

Plenty of room on the Indians bandwagon. Ive already conceded that last year is the closest I will ever get to seeing a World Series win. 

1 hour ago, aphilso1 said:

Cubs and Royals suck again, so I can get back to having my soul crushed year round.  

1 hour ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Add my Pirates to that list. Looks like PED, DWI and Cancer ended their chance this year before it hardly got going.

ugh...we should of traded cutch in the offesason, his value is gone, and if im being real honest we should of went all in in one of those playoff years, and traded away one of these pitching prospects thats still suck in Triple AAA, and maybe polanco. 

2 hours ago, HB said:

Cubs and Royals suck again, so I can get back to having my soul crushed year round.  

Royals are starting to play a little bit better.  This is a big next 13 days that will probably decide where this season is going to go.  Got the Yanks for 7 of those games.  They lead the AL East.  Then we have the Twinks and Indians for 3 each in there and they are 1-2 in the AL Central.  Would prefer to go better than .500 but would take .500.  Especially with 10 of the 13 on the road.

1 minute ago, huskercwg said:

Cubbies will be fine.  Check back with them on Memorial Day and see how things stand.

They look far from fine.  No pop in that lineup.  Miss Fowler a lot.   Have no lead off guy.  

1 hour ago, bobcat402 said:

ugh...we should of traded cutch in the offesason, his value is gone, and if im being real honest we should of went all in in one of those playoff years, and traded away one of these pitching prospects thats still suck in Triple AAA, and maybe polanco. 

I can't remember a player as good and as young as Cutch just lose his skills so fast.  

3 hours ago, HB said:

They look far from fine.  No pop in that lineup.  Miss Fowler a lot.   Have no lead off guy.  

Don't look at the standings until Memorial Day.  Just heard an analysis say that the Cubs 1 - 6 hitters are the best in baseball.  They will come around. 

8 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I can't remember a player as good and as young as Cutch just lose his skills so fast.  

It's sad really, I mean for goodness sakes 2013 he's MVP,'14 he's in the running and than just bam drops off.

Polanco hasn't really progressed as well and Marte is well...he may be 30 million headache, Cole probly gone in 2 yrs...god this is depressing 

8 minutes ago, bobcat402 said:

It's sad really, I mean for goodness sakes 2013 he's MVP,'14 he's in the running and than just bam drops off.

Polanco hasn't really progressed as well and Marte is well...he may be 30 million headache, Cole probly gone in 2 yrs...god this is depressing 

Unfortunately there are possible reasons why someone's talents can seem to disappear overnight.  It is a product of our times...

10 hours ago, bobcat402 said:

The life of a Pirates fan.  I love MLB and college hoops but those last couple quotes show what is wrong with MLB.  A team like Pittsburgh has to trade off their top players before their contracts are up to get something for them because they can't afford (or at least that is what the owner says) them and a team like the Cubs can just fill what they need by putting up the big bucks.  Two teams in the same division with much different economic backgrounds. The same thing is filtering into college sports as well with Nike U on the west coast and all the new facilities being built and endless recruiting budgets (legal or illegal) at some schools.