Rutgers (17-25) Vs. Nebraska ( 26-16-1) Game Thread

Just now, Bugeaters1 said:

Jake ran out of gas, should have got he out sooner.

One of my worries about Erstad.  He seems to not know when to take pitchers out.  It could have went just as bad, but I thought they should have taken Jake out after the double off Alvarado's glove.

One of my worries about Erstad.  He seems to not know when to take pitchers out.  It could have went just as bad, but I thought they should have taken Jake out after the double off Alvarado's glove.

Aren't most college coaches that way. In leaving a guy in to long

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, brfrad said:

That is one reason that you have a pitching coach.  The pitching coach not only needs to recognize when a pitcher is gassed, but he needs to identify signs of demise before it happens.

Edited by huskercwg

5 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

In all truth Alvarado should have made that catch.

I think Alvardo should be in right and Hagge in left.  I don't fault Erstad for that.  I think Alvarado is more comfortable in left.  However, you should want your best arm in right.  Hagge can catch a bunch of balls, but has no arm.  Alvarado seems to make balls an adventure, but has a cannon. 

I think Alvardo should be in right and Hagge in left.  I don't fault Erstad for that.  I think Alvarado is more comfortable in left.  However, you should want your best arm in right.  Hagge can catch a bunch of balls, but has no arm.  Alvarado seems to make balls an adventure, but has a cannon. 

I can't agree that point.

It was a win, which is necessary.  I am just a bit hesitant though, this team seems to have too many mental lapses.  Perhaps I am over analyzing the situation.  Let's see how we do on Saturday and Sunday.

Edited by huskercwg