Offseason Potpourri

41 minutes ago, WestOHusker said:

Dwayne Wade posted a photo with the team on his Instagram and it sounds like he played some pick up games with our guys today. Also thanks Coach Miles for showing him and his wife so much love

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's probably a bit early to start a Zaire Wade class of 2021 thread, but a person can dream.

1 hour ago, WestOHusker said:

Looks like Glynn and Evan will accompany Coach Miles to Big Ten Media Days in New York City.

Ya think that kinda tells us what type of significance Evan Taylor's role will be on the team?

I know i was one of several who have predicted a lesser role for Taylor this season. 

Ya think that kinda tells us what type of significance Evan Taylor's role will be on the team?

I know i was one of several who have predicted a lesser role for Taylor this season. 

Definitely means at the very least he’s a very important voice on this year’s team. Definitely a senior leader. But it definitely means he is indeed important.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Senior/junior leaders and (potentially) ongoing starting backcourt mates.

Edited by AuroranHusker

For those of you who have snapchat there was some good photos/videos of the final scrimmage of the offseason. Red team won 28-25. Later tomorrow i will try and figure out what the teams were (not sure if the design of the teams have any significance).

Edited by khoock
Snapchat: huskerhoops

8 hours ago, khoock said:

For those of you who have snapchat there was some good photos/videos of the final scrimmage of the offseason. Red team won 28-25. Later tomorrow i will try and figure out what the teams were (not sure if the design of the teams have any significance).

I am betting the design of the teams have zero relevance.  Early season is about building cohesiveness and players learn their teammates tendencies, strengths and weaknesses.  The cream will rise to the top as the season approaches.

Notes to share from the final offseason scrimmage. The following information is from captioned photos and short clips posted on the huskerhoops snapchat account.

From what i could tell, here is how the players were teamed up:

RED TEAM

•Anton Gill

•James Palmer

•Justin Costello

•Tanner Borchardt

•Isaiah Roby

•Nana Akenten

•Glynn Watson

GREY TEAM

•Malcolm Laws

•Jack McVeigh

•Isaac Copeland

•Thorir Thorbjarnarson

•Duby Okeke

•Thomas Allen

•Evan Taylor

*Jordy Tshimanga and Johnny Trueblood were not visible in any of photos/videos.

NOTES

-Roby wins opening tip over Duby

-Copeland knocks down a 15 footer over a contesting Anton Gill

-Anton scores a layup, Duby was protecting the paint

-Duby dunks the ball. Palmer and Tanner were both in the vicinity but did not get "dunked on"

-Palmer ties the scrimmage with a 3 over a contesting McVeigh

-Glynn pulls up for a long 2, both Evan Taylor and Duby with the attempted contest of the shot

-On the final possession Glynn steals the ball from Evan Taylor or Thomas Allen (couldnt tell which one had possesion of the ball bc of angle) to seal a 26-24 win for the red team.

Edited by khoock

• 2 weeks later...