Mr. Watson

I'm sure you're not the first to ask him.  If I was a 19,20,21 year old kid and people kept asking me the same question, I would be pissed too and might give sarcastic answers too.

“They said I could come in and play the point,” Allen said. “I talked to Glynn last night as well, and we talked about playing together in the backcourt. We’re both pretty excited about it.”

After the Allen commitment.  

Edited by hskr4life

34 minutes ago, Rome4Lyfe said:

I know, I read that too and was excited about that in that particular article. The conversation started by talking about all the other transfers this year, not his. 

Yeah, after this year, one thing I learned is you can never say "it won't happen" no matter how unlikely it is.

I really hope that Miles takes a long hard look at how he is handling the team after losing what he lost this year.  Not blaming him as it sounds like it was a case of one kid thinking he is something he's not at this point and in the long run he and another wanted something they were not going to get given the roster.  John Cook did this a few years back and has said it worked wonders.

June 26th was the date of Andrew White's transfer so anyone on the roster deciding to bail this late, though unlikely, isn't really impossible. Given that Glynn is close with MJ and Ed, it really doesn't seem impossible. There were legs about Ed leaving and he did. There were legs about Roby leaving and he did not.

I'll say that unless GW is stonewalling most everyone in the program about his intentions but opening to acquaintances/strangers (no idea how well you know him @Rome4Lyfe) that he probably was joking. 

5 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

June 26th was the date of Andrew White's transfer so anyone on the roster deciding to bail this late, though unlikely, isn't really impossible. Given that Glynn is close with MJ and Ed, it really doesn't seem impossible. There were legs about Ed leaving and he did. There were legs about Roby leaving and he did not.

I'll say that unless GW is stonewalling most everyone in the program about his intentions but opening to acquaintances/strangers (no idea how well you know him @Rome4Lyfe) that he probably was joking. 

I really hope your right!!  I would hate to lose GW.   I think we currently have a very solid and complete team forming at the moment.  We also have some positive momentum with the additions of Allen and Okeke and would love to see that continue.   

4 minutes ago, khoock said:

It would seem like odd timing being that his close friends announced a couple weeks ago and we have a little bit of positive momentum with the additions of Allen and Okeke.

But this is Nebrasketball. So anything can happen.

Depends on the approach Glynn is taking if he is still pondering staying/going. Or the approach the people around him are taking. Ed and Jacobson got releases, announced their availability, then went shopping for new schools. Watson could "remain a Husker" all the while having someone behind the scenes shop him around to find a good landing spot for him. Happens all the time. When Tarin Smith left, he had his people shopping him around pretty much all of the second half of that season. Hopefully not the case with Watson, but it would be a reason he's telling everyone in the program that he intends to stay.