Season-End Awards 2016-2017

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/husker-basketball-hands-out-season-ending-awards/article_95305595-ab27-5834-8f7a-98e58454e2fc.html

Tai Webster: MVP

Nick Fuller: Scout Team MVP

Jordy Tshimanga: Most Improved

Evan Taylor: Defensive MVP

Glynn Watson: Lifter of the Year

But should I be concerned that 3 of these 5 guys are in Nikes/Jordans?  #3StripeLife

3 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I mean, that's obviously the reason why we've lost so many players to transferring.

Two of the three aren't returning, so I guess we just need to convince Jordy to take of those Jordan 12s.  Adidas has a lot more hype than Jordan/Nike right now, so I'm really not worried about sneaker wars with potential recruits.  It would be nice if Adidas showed us a little more love, though.  We need Tim Miles to embrace sneaker culture the way Mike Riley has:

4 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

You must have missed the 35 pairs of customized kicks Miles has rolled out over the last 5 years.

No, I'm just not easily impressed.  A pair of $60 Stan Smiths with Miles' face painted on the tongue doesn't move the needle for me.  There's no market for that and it generates very little interest for those outside of the program.  It looks cheap and gimmicky.

Wearing a pair of Adidas Human Races that sold out everywhere in seconds and resells for 4x it's MSRP is more intriguing.  While I don't typically advocate that we follow Rick Pitino's lead, he has seemed to figure this one out:

C2-mIfdWgAARuz1.jpg

rick-pitino-yeezy.jpg

23 minutes ago, MitchMcGaryMunchies said:

No, I'm just not easily impressed.  A pair of $60 Stan Smiths with Miles' face painted on the tongue doesn't move the needle for me.  There's no market for that and it generates very little interest for those outside of the program.  It looks cheap and gimmicky.

Wearing a pair of Adidas Human Races that sold out everywhere in seconds and resells for 4x it's MSRP is more intriguing.  While I don't typically advocate that we follow Rick Pitino's lead, he has seemed to figure this one out:

C2-mIfdWgAARuz1.jpg

rick-pitino-yeezy.jpg

I like New Balance. All white.