Next season starters?

Row6Seat10

From what little we have to go on and a few questions left to be answered, here's how I see the starting line up to unfold next November and why.

G - Hannah Whitish 5'9 - sophomore to be, her ability to knock down the outside shot got better each game she played and her defense progressed as she became more comfortable on the court. Earned the starting role as the season progressed because of this.  As she gets more comfortable in the system her defense and offensive out put should increase even more dramatically. One year in this system and the off season will help her immensely in all facets.

G - Janay Morton 5'10 - red-shirt senior next season, has one key factor over the rest of the team that being experience. The kid has one year to learn the system by sitting on the sidelines and if you don't think that learning experience doesn't help just ask Kelsey Griffin. In each of her three seasons at Eastern Michigan Janay averaged 12.5 points or better hitting 38% from behind the arc plus she earned a spot on the MAC all defensive team her junior season.    

C - Rachel Blackburn 6'3 - red-shirt sophomore coming off a couple of surgeries. Extremely motivated to get back on the court. Should fit right in to the new system. Huskers can't afford to not have her on the court because of her height and the attitude she brings. Hopefully she can become more consistent on her jump shot from within15 feet. One draw back if she can get it under control, is staying out of foul trouble. Her intense play caused her a lot of unnecessary fouls her freshmen year.

G/F - Nicea Eliely 6'1 - sophomore next season, proved last season without a doubt she needs to be on the court with her ability to excel  in all facets of the game. Brings an up-tempo energy to the game for all 40 minutes. Should be able get more consistent with her jumper through out the off season.

PG - Bria Stallworth  5'6 - sophomore next year, averaged 13 points as a freshman at UMass and 4 assists. Sat out learning the system last year.  Anxious to get out on the court. Has the ability to drive the lane and dish ala Lindsey Moore. 

First few off the bench: sr-Jasmine Cincore, jr-Maddie Simon, fr-Taylor Kissinger

I've got a pretty young line up with 4 sophomore's and a senior in penciled into the starting line up, that's how I see it now, Now my predictions could change should the Huskers sign a pretty good transfer this summer though.

How do you guy's and gal's see it shaping up? 

Do you agree or not, don't be shy let the rest of us know.

Why not throw out a guess....having not seen Morton or Stallworth play at all..... although red shirting and team practices last year may put both of them a leg up so to speak.

Kissinger is the unknown....just don't see her play much early on...but if she can come in dropping the bombs early....may get some playing time ??

Hannah Whitish

Janay Morton

Rachel Blackburn

Nicea Eliely

Jasmine Cincore

We need bigs desperately.  We are young.

Very nice primer R6S10, thanks for the summary.  I am looking forward to seeing the sit-out transfers getting onto the floor this year and to see Rachel Blackburn's return.

I too was thinking that Grace Mitchell was beginning to come into her own a little more at season-end and hope she is able to take a big jump from her Frosh to Soph year.

Though row 6 is more than likely right, my wishful thinking is this.

1 Bria

2 Hannah

3 Nicea

4 Grace or Maddie

5 Burns

Janay first off and Taylor second off. Jaz will be off the bench early, but she really needs to figure out it's a team sport.  If you're driving and the defense collapses, pass for goodness sakes 28% shooting will not beat anyone. 

Why? We need more size on the court.

Grace needs to work on a couple things at the 4.  1 box out 2 hold ball high 3 trust your shot ( she really does have a nice shot).

Maddie have fun and play.  There is not a 4 in the B1G that can athletically match her.

Anyway if either of those two can take that quantum leap.  This could be a surprisingly good team.

On 4/24/2017 at 9:32 AM, redsteve said:

Updated info from:

At Kirkwood Community College  Cedar Rapids, Ia

http://www.kirkwoodeagles.com/roster/15/2/1367.php

All American Jr College

http://www.kirkwoodeagles.com/article/1259.php

She could come in as a Jr?  6-2 and apparently a good rebounder at about 8 per game.

Edited by redsteve

6 hours ago, redsteve said:

Updated info from:

At Kirkwood Community College  Cedar Rapids, Ia

http://www.kirkwoodeagles.com/roster/15/2/1367.php

All American Jr College

http://www.kirkwoodeagles.com/article/1259.php

She could come in as a Jr?  6-2 and apparently a good rebounder at about 8 per game.

Can she make free throws?

this was a big statement from SE (taken from the LSJ men's article). lately, i think this fits either program.

"We have to go get a couple of these signature players in our program that are all about the team — that are rugged, championship-flight type of young men, who have played in championship programs, who understand there's a lot of work that needs to be done, and there's a lot of attention that needs to be paid to one another, collectively, and not just the person looking in the mirror."

Hear that, Andrew White?

Ed Morrow?

Michael Jacobson?

this was a big statement from SE (taken from the LSJ men's article). lately, i think this fits either program.

"We have to go get a couple of these signature players in our program that are all about the team — that are rugged, championship-flight type of young men, who have played in championship programs, who understand there's a lot of work that needs to be done, and there's a lot of attention that needs to be paid to one another, collectively, and not just the person looking in the mirror."

Hear that, Andrew White?

Ed Morrow?

Michael Jacobson?

I see that Tim is recuiting a kid out of Oak Hill in VA. That would be a good get if it were to happen. Oak Hill Is always in the top 5 of high schools.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

A bit off topic, but I noticed Maddie Simon was one of 27 Nebraska Scholar Athletes that received the Sam Foltz 27 Hero Leadership Awards. Also, Emily Wood was one of 5 athletes that received an Outstanding Scholar Award.  Congratulations Ladies. You represent us well.

Edited by 12dozen

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did anyone see Raoul's tweet that the B1G teams only got 12 of the top 100 recruits for 2017. Nebraska and Northwestern was at the top with 2 each... I am not sure if I should be proud or if I should be sad that the Big Ten only got 12 of them!!! I find that crazy and even more crazy Nebraska would end up with 2 over OSU MSU Maryland Purdue.