Thomas Allen is N

hskr4life

7 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

I always thought the up and under (not the reverse layup that many announcer call an up and under) was the best post move.  Especially for under sized post players.  Takes good footwork but if perfected can be very tough to stop and often can draw the foul. 

The up and under is not a primary post move but a counter move. If you don't have any reason to step up then you have no ability to use the move. You first need to establish either a face up move or a Sikma move. When the defense takes away the move, the up and under becomes the counter.  

• 2 months later...

Lee Barfknecht with some positive words about Thomas Allen: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/barfknecht-tim-miles-thinks-thomas-allen-can-provide-immediate-impact/article_03c76253-e570-52f7-94c2-4b4ca7cc515d.html

here is a blurb from the article:

Kansas coach Bill Self . . . visited Allen in April at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire, then followed with a visit to his home in Garner, North Carolina, a suburb of Raleigh.  Self didn’t arrive empty-handed. He carried scholarship papers.

“It was a little bit overwhelming,” Allen said last week. “I sat and talked with Coach Self for quite awhile. But I already knew where I wanted to go.”

Edited by Swan88

16 hours ago, Swan88 said:

Lee Barfknecht with some positive words about Thomas Allen: http://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/barfknecht-tim-miles-thinks-thomas-allen-can-provide-immediate-impact/article_03c76253-e570-52f7-94c2-4b4ca7cc515d.html

here is a blurb from the article:

Kansas coach Bill Self . . . visited Allen in April at Brewster Academy in New Hampshire, then followed with a visit to his home in Garner, North Carolina, a suburb of Raleigh.  Self didn’t arrive empty-handed. He carried scholarship papers.

“It was a little bit overwhelming,” Allen said last week. “I sat and talked with Coach Self for quite awhile. But I already knew where I wanted to go.”

Love that Thomas Allen basically told Hall of Fame coach Bill Self, "nah."

when I logged in to the site this afternoon I saw the first unread thread said something-something is N and I got real excited for a brief moment.  Then I looked at the thread a little closer and saw "Thomas Allen is N" and was like aw, man!  We already got that guy on our team...

49 minutes ago, 49r said:

when I logged in to the site this afternoon I saw the first unread thread said something-something is N and I got real excited for a brief moment.  Then I looked at the thread a little closer and saw "Thomas Allen is N" and was like aw, man!  We already got that guy on our team...

The key is to keep him on this team...