Thomas Allen is N

hskr4life

• hhcmatt changed the title to Thomas Allen is N

Freshman year numbers

Glynn Watson: 24.6 mpg - 8.6 ppg

Tarin Smith: 17.6 mpg - 4.3 ppg

Smith was a nice enough player and I'm expecting that his numbers represent what we would expect from a somewhat disappointing year with Allen (obviously he could have worse due to injury or whatnot).  Watson's number seem like a good year for Allen and exceeding those numbers, especially the scoring, would be phenomenal.

Anyone expecting Allen to perform better or worse than these two guys and why

39 minutes ago, hhcdimes said:

Freshman year numbers

Smith was a nice enough player and I'm expecting that his numbers represent what we would expect from a somewhat disappointing year with Allen (obviously he could have worse due to injury or whatnot).  Watson's number seem like a good year for Allen and exceeding those numbers, especially the scoring, would be phenomenal.

I think we need him to be in between.   Obviously, the more the better...but if he can get us 15-20mpg and average 6-7 as an outside threat, he'll have done his job

On 4/21/2017 at 6:06 PM, Norm Peterson said:

I like that the roster is starting to balance out nicely.  As things stand right now:

Seniors-to-be:

6-3 Anton Gill ****

6-5 Evan Taylor

6-8 Duby Okeke

Juniors:

6-0 Glynn Watson ****

6-6 James Palmer ****

6-8 Jack McVeigh

6-9 Isaac Copeland *****

Sophomores:

(Shooting guard transfer)

6-8 Isaiah Roby ****

6-11 Jordy Tshimanga (Rivals 150)

Freshmen:

6-1 Thomas Allen ****

6-6 Nana Akenten (Rivals 150)

(Freshman big man)

Updated with the recent commit.

Now, I'd look for another Andrew White/Anton Gill kind of transfer player, probably shooting guard, who would sit a year and join Roby and Tshimanga as juniors in a year, and then a freshman big like Isaiah Chandler.

That'd get us to 13 and that's how I'd fill out this roster.

10 hours ago, hhcdimes said:

Freshman year numbers

I think Allen will average low double figures.  I don't think he's going to be a typical freshman at all.  Being a seriously elite shooter can offset a whole lot of things.  This is kid is a scorer first, and he can do it from three, he can pull up, and he has a soft floater.  Playing alongside Glynn means they're both going to have a lot of open shots in transition, kickouts, etc.  They remind a lot of KU's backcourt this past season.  

45 minutes ago, LK1 said:

I think Allen will average low double figures.  I don't think he's going to be a typical freshman at all.  Being a seriously elite shooter can offset a whole lot of things.  This is kid is a scorer first, and he can do it from three, he can pull up, and he has a soft floater.  Playing alongside Glynn means they're both going to have a lot of open shots in transition, kickouts, etc.  They remind a lot of KU's backcourt this past season.  

Man, I'd love for Nebrasketball to have a better backcourt next December *against* KU!

Last year I remember watching Bohannon for Iowa hit 3's and make an impact on the game as a freshman and wondered "why can't we get a guy like that".  I'm wondering if we got a guy like that with Allen.  I did some checking into his stats, here they are:  http://247sports.com/player/jordan-bohannon-28352.  My question is, would you be happy if Allen ended up with stats like Bohannon did in his first year?

To summarize, 28 mpg, 9 ppg, 35% 3pt

41 minutes ago, Buglem said:

Last year I remember watching Bohannon for Iowa hit 3's and make an impact on the game as a freshman and wondered "why can't we get a guy like that".  I'm wondering if we got a guy like that with Allen.  I did some checking into his stats, here they are:  http://247sports.com/player/jordan-bohannon-28352.  My question is, would you be happy if Allen ended up with stats like Bohannon did in his first year?

Allen is a lot better player than Bohannon, so I absolutely expect at least that level of production.  Given his scoring ability, I would be disappointed with anything below double figures.  

2 hours ago, Buglem said:

I'd take that from him in a heart beat 

2 hours ago, Buglem said:

He was Freshman All-Conference. It would be silly to expect more out of Allen. That being said if he wants to go off and be a freshman all American, I'm good with that too. 

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

Allen and Okeke fill specific roles perfectly. Love it.

Coaches deserve an A+ for recognizing our situation post transfers, seeing what we had left, and filling where we needed fills.  Capturing Allen was such a bonus!  Is it November yet? 

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

A Greek Freak at Nebrasketball would be the "unicorn," tbh.

Funny that you mention that because I have recently been pondering whether Roby could develop into a (very) poor-mans version of the Greek Freak? (other than not being Greek of course)